Booking an excursion through NCL

Jacy613

Is it true that booking an excursion through the NCL website guarantees that the ship will not leave the port without you, if there is some kind of delay due to the excursion itself?

I want to book a 4 hour boat tour on the last day in Bermuda, but I am a little worried that if the boat breaks down, we won't make it back to the pier in time to board. I know it's silly to be such a worrier, but I would feel better if I knew for sure they won't leave without me!

Thanks,

J

its the captain decision, not NCL. Sometimes they can wait an extra 10-15 minutes, sometimes they cant. If you booked with NCL, and they are multiple people on the same excursion, then the ship might wait.

Edited by shof515

We did a NCL shore excursion in Costa Rica up to the rain forest.

Coming back, about a 2 hour trip, the traffic came to a complete halt about half way back.

The folks in the bus were in contact with the ship. When we arrived back about 45 minutes late, the bus pulled right up to the ship, we all hopped onto the ship, the gangplank was pulled up, and the ship departed.

If the ship can wait, it will.

I heard of some folks in the Canary Islands, on a NCL excursion, a storm came in and the ship had to leave the port. NCL made the arrangements to get the folks back on the ship, but because of the weather the ship had to leave. Granted, this was a peculiar circumstance.

We do most, not all, of our excursions with the ship, sure we may save $20 or more, by booking it with someone else, but they do make it easy.

If you attend the excursions seminar, usually held at the beginning of the cruise, they imply (maybe even state) that if the "NCL" excursion is late getting back, NCL will take care of it. Most of the time I assume that means holding the ship back if possible. They never really tell you how far they are prepared to go beyond that. Personally, I hope no one ever has to find out :)

Thank you all for your responses! I have decided to throw caution to the wind and book my excursion through NCL for Friday, the last day in Bermuda.

I have to hope all will go as planned, and trust that if getting back to the ship was ever a problem, NCL would not offer this particular excursion on that day.

Looking forward to my cruise, cannot wait!!!

J

Thank you all for your responses! I have decided to throw caution to the wind and book my excursion through NCL for Friday, the last day in Bermuda.

I have to hope all will go as planned, and trust that if getting back to the ship was ever a problem, NCL would not offer this particular excursion on that day.

Looking forward to my cruise, cannot wait!!!

J

If that is the day you want to take the excursion, go for it. And enjoy. NCL will take care of you in the unlikely event you are delayed. They will figure out how best to handle such a delay...likely holding the ship in port, though NCL could also push the shoreside provider to get alternate transit out there to you pronto...they have such muscle to flex. In the unlikely event that you are delayed and the ship cannot wait any longer, NCL will arrange something (maybe hote, meals and flights)...that is expensive and they won't do it unless they had no other way to handle it. But, they offer this excursion because they fully believe you will be back on time; I believe it, too. Have fun!