Would you book a connecting cabin?

jetta8300

We have an aft extended balcony cabin booked on the Carnival Pride, and I am thinking about switching from cabin 5268 to 4230. Mainly because after doing a little research, people have said there is more shade on deck 4 with the larger overhang for these aft cabins. The only thing is, 4230 is a connecting room to the aft wrap balcony cabin. It is also over the dining room.

I would love to hear some experience from anyone who has booked a connecting room when those people are not in your group... mainly about noise. Can you hear a lot of noise from the other room? Any other comments about these 2 cabins are appreciated too! Thanks!!!:D

Bottom line is unless you want a connecting cabin because you want to be able to go between the cabins, stay away. You WILL hear more noise through the door than a wall. We had one once and the child in the next cabin kept opening the door on their side. Why? who knows.. then we got to listen to more noise followed by the parents loudly telling the child to stop opening that door...

Don't do it.. if you are happy where you are at then don't move.

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. I think we will stay where we are. I'm glad I asked! I hadn't thought about the reduced furniture but that is a great point.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote for no connecting cabin unless you actually want two rooms that will be open to each other. We traveled with my girlfriend's parents with adjoining rooms and one night we clearly heard.. well... let's just say my girlfriend was horrified.

I have never had a connector on a cruise ship but I have in many hotels! Having a completed "wall" vs. one cut for a door really helps mask out sound.

In hotels we have also had neighbors that thought it was "cute" to open their side of a connecting door. Once in NYC at a major mid town hotel the "wonderful" guest next door to us decided to throw the bolt on the connector (which does make an interesting noise late at night). I guess that both rooms were being used before we checked in so the deadbolt was not locked on my side or his. I heard the noise, jumped out of bed and unbolted my side and their stood this guy in his birthday suit! He appeared to be a little "toasted" at best and said he was sorry he thought the door was the closet. Gawd! Also in some hotels where the walls are a bit thin, a connecting door room can be the same as having your neighbors in the same room with you - and when you have neighbors who decide to get a bit amorous, a connecting door room takes on an entire new dimension.....

Every reservation I make states no connector. I personally can't stand that type of room assignment, but that is just me. If I were you I would stay away.

Mike

We were on the Pride with a connecting cabin several years ago. It was an inside cabin and there were two teenagers and a younger girl in the connecting cabin. Their parents were quite far down the hall. We could hear the little girl crying every night. We now do a connecting with my sister, which is great. But would never do it again with strangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have an aft extended balcony cabin booked on the Carnival Pride, and I am thinking about switching from cabin 5268 to 4230. Mainly because after doing a little research, people have said there is more shade on deck 4 with the larger overhang for these aft cabins. The only thing is, 4230 is a connecting room to the aft wrap balcony cabin. It is also over the dining room.

I would love to hear some experience from anyone who has booked a connecting room when those people are not in your group... mainly about noise. Can you hear a lot of noise from the other room? Any other comments about these 2 cabins are appreciated too! Thanks!!!:D

We have had connecting cabins on Dream, Breeze, and Magic. We were apprehensive when we boarded Dream and were pleasantly surprised. We heard no noise at all from the adjacent cabin, so we booked the same cabin, but starboard side, for Breeze and Magic. Again, both times we heard no noise of any kind.

I have no qualms about booking connecting cabins in the future.

I guess it all depends on who is on the other side of that door, and how quiet or how loud they are. My one experience cured me from ever booking another one. Those people talked very loud, and coughed all night long. I would not book one again.

We avoid connecting cabins now after having one on one of our RC cruises. Our neighbors weren't loud or disruptive, but you could hear everything (coughing, sneezing, etc.). It led to many laughs between the DH and I.

Edited by Happy0810

The last time I had a connecting cabin you could hear the noise in the other cabin a lot better. They talked and played the TV all the time. :eek:

Agreed. We always try to avoid them unless we are traveling with the people on the other side of the connecting door.

I was in cabin 4428 (the vista suite) which connects to 4420.

We never heard anything from the connecting cabin There were 3 gals in that cabin having a ladies getaway.. so you know they probably were having a bawl talking and having fun... no noise. So if we couldn't hear them, I don't think they could hear anything either.