Anytime dining

lacruisinfan

We always do ATD, and they've always sat us at a 2 top as far as I can remember. I don't think we requested it either. Then we usually get sat in the same area throughout the cruise too, which is nice. Rarely a wait time either.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

They always try to put us at a table for two. We gave to request to be seated with others because we enjoy visiting with other people. Our fellow passengers are almost always delightful. But the tables for two are close enough to visit if you want to.

Yes, and once we get a waiter we like we request that section too. Depending on the time you arrive you may have to wait for a table for 2 to open up, but yes they will accommodate you. It seems like the peak time for ATD it 7-8:30 so if you arrive before or after that time you won't have to wait as long FYI!

We always requested a table for four with our friends and wanted the same servers every night (not necessarily the same table). They always honored the request. There were a couple of night they gave us a pager and we sat in the lobby bar for no more than 15-20 minutes before the table was ready.

I do agree that some of the tables for two are just tables for four pulled apart by about two inches with separate table clothes. There were a few "real" tables for two against the hull, so I guess if you found one you really liked you could request it. You just might have to wait for it like we did.

Just be warned that sometimes the tables for 2 are not really tables for 2. I've seen and been seated at tables for 2 that were set up so close to other tables it was like a table for 4 or 6.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

This happened to us on the Glory in May. I wasn't thrilled. Having a two inch space between two tables does NOT make it a table for two. :mad:

I font quite understand wanting privacy at meals. If you want privacy, there's plenty of time for that other than meals

Some people cruise to get some private time together that they don't always get back at home. The first private "date" meal my wife and I had together in over six months was on our cruise last fall. We needed to take advantage of the opportunity to spend time alone together, which meant that we requested a table for two at dinner.

On Carnival it's called "Your Time Dining".

By any name (depending on the cruise line) it's basically the same.

Back to the Tables for TWO ...

On Carnival for YTD we never had a problem with waits. Funny, we would say two people to share with others. They almost always would seat us at a table for two. Seems there are lots of tables for two. Close together ... but lots of them.

LuLu

On the Breeze the 2 tops along the windows are a little more private. There is no one right next to you. Next table is maybe 3 - 4 ft away side ways. And the window is right next to you. But you will be back to back the other way. Does this make sense?

Of course...but a larger table is much more fun! Tablemates are great! Do NOT fear them! They are there to have a good time...just like you!

not everyone wants to sit with others. It's great you are a social butterfly, but not everybody is or maybe they have other reasons to want to sit alone.

Like my wife and myself only see each other on weekends so its nice to be alone together when we get away.:)

Bill