SCUBA in Cozumel - Private Companies?

Podie

I know this is an older thread, but I will put in my two cents. We have been diving in Cozumel for 18 years and have always used Dive With Martin. The best thing for cruisers is the shop is located right on the pier as soon as you get off the boat!!!

They are the best I have found. They have great prices and it INCLUDES all equipment except for wet suit and dive lights/computers. They are safe on only take small groups. Usually 4-6 divers with one dive master. You can google their website to get more info.

They will make reservations for cruise ship passengers, just email them. I am booked for my December cruise.

ABSOLUTELY agree!!! I did my first dive ever with Dive with Martin and have been going back 2 or 3 times a year ever since. I have never had a bad experience or a boring dive with them. They seem to have a very good reputation all over the Caribbean. I got my second certification there and have noticed that dive masters on other islands are impressed. When I was there a few months ago, there were some very experienced divers along who have been diving all over the world for years. They said Cozumel was their best dive ever and that DWM is the best dive operator on the island that they have found.

I dove with Allison too and she's good, and went with an outfit called Blue Angel a couple years ago that did a very good job with a great dive master but the boat was a bit slow.

We LOVE Blue Angel. My daughter got certified with them when we spent a week in cozumel a few summers ago.

Last time we used Dive With Martin. Their equipment is included in the deal, and they were great too.

We are having a problem finding a dive op for our trip. There are just 2 of us. We need 4 divers to book a boat with most dive ops.

We are arriving on Cozumel at 10am on March 5th.

We contacted Scuba with Allison but she replied back she was off island that day.

We contacted Dive with Martin but they need 4 people to book a boat. No one that day has contacted them yet, and we don't want to put down $400 deposit for just us.

We contacted Aldora but it looks like they require 5 hours since they do a 2 hour surface interval. That might be cutting us close to our 6pm departure time if the boat doesn't leave until afternoon.

We are sending out a few more requests for now, hoping someone gets back to us that they can accommodate our late arrival time.

robin

Edited by ABQrobin

One thing Aldora has done for us when we were getting close on the return time was to drop us off at another dock (I want to say it was Atlantis Submarine) close to the Carnival dock. We had to pay a couple of bucks to the dock owner, but the same money would have gone to a cab instead of the dock owner, so we broke even.

I just noticed that Shore Excursioneers now has listed scuba excursions. I am looking at both of those, one says it leaves from the International pier (probably the same one that the cruise ships use, Sand Dollar) and one that leaves from a beach club. I am considering the beach club one, even though it is more expensive, as it looks like it is a smaller boat, so no herd of newbies.