Charging Electric Toothbrushes

FangedRose

Has anyone been in a single cabin on Azura?

Can you remember where the 2 point 'shaving socket' is?

Is it above the mirror in the bathroom, therefore useless for charging my toothbrush as the cord won't reach a surface for the charging unit to sit on? Or will I need to fetch an adaptor and sit it on a precious surface in the cabin?

Many thanks in advance.

I don't know about Azura, but I brought a multi-socket with me and a two pin adapter plug and charged ours in the main cabin. I found that the shaver socket in the bathroom automatically turned off when the bathroom light was off therefore anything needing a long charge like a toothbrush didn't get a full charge.

The multi socket was useful as there is only one free electric socket in the whole of the cabin and what with wanting to charge mobiles, tablets and camera batteries, we could do all this in one go if necessary.

I don't know about Azura, but I brought a multi-socket with me and a two pin adapter plug and charged ours in the main cabin. I found that the shaver socket in the bathroom automatically turned off when the bathroom light was off therefore anything needing a long charge like a toothbrush didn't get a full charge.

The multi socket was useful as there is only one free electric socket in the whole of the cabin and what with wanting to charge mobiles, tablets and camera batteries, we could do all this in one go if necessary.

Ah, I forgot about the power in the bathroom depending on the light being on.

Adaptor it is then!

Thank you.

Or leave the light on?

I need complete dark to sleep properly. And if I left it on during the day the Steward would surely switch it off if I was on a tour or otherwise engaged and could not get back.

I seem to recollect being on a ship where you had to put your ship card in a slot for the electric to work. So nothing could be left charging if you were out.

I need complete dark to sleep properly. And if I left it on during the day the Steward would surely switch it off if I was on a tour or otherwise engaged and could not get back.

I seem to recollect being on a ship where you had to put your ship card in a slot for the electric to work. So nothing could be left charging if you were out.

You are correct. In our case the cabin steward turned the light off each time. Oriana didn't have the card operated electricity. Don't know about the rest.

Hi

Any old card will do the trick. That way you keep your boarding card with you.

I need complete dark to sleep properly.

Close the bathroom door?

And if I left it on during the day the Steward would surely switch it off

Sticky note on the light switch telling them not to.

A card from any other hotel will work fine.

Be warned after a fire in a cabin on Azura you are now told not to leave any phones etc. charging in your cabin when you are not there.

The staff will turn them off if they find them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Then they must employ blind staff, because none of my stuff that was charging was turned off.

When did you last cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Then they must employ blind staff, because none of my stuff that was charging was turned off.

As part of our muster drill on Ventura and also playing on repeat on the cabin TV we were told to unplug anything not in use a few weeks ago. However we had ipads/kindles/phones/walkie talkies/back up batteries/cameras charging in the cabin constantly and the steward never unplugged anything.