C2 + C3 same price ?

downundermatt

Apologies if I have another silly question.

The cruise I am looking at has both Concierge categories the same price - C2 and C3 - in that case I assume the C2 is a better option - appears to be higher ?

And then if I could wrangle a one category upgrade would that be a C1 ?

Appreciate your learned advice (again) Cheers Matt

Assuming you're looking at the solstice class, the C2s are generally in better locations. There's not a heap of difference in all of them though, but according to Celebrity's classification C2 is better.

However, C1 is excluded from the one category upgrade. There are much fewer of them.

Also, very often an 'upgrade' is simply a move to a higher floor. For some reason through the years that has been considered more desirable. Personally, I prefer lower floors myself - and the most important thing is what is above and below you as it can affect the potential for noise in the cabin. People prone to motion sickness also consider mid-ship more desirable, while others who do not often love far aft or far forward cabins for various reasons.

Pricing can be "odd" on Celebrity's Website to say the least (in the same way that it can be on an Airline Website with Seat Sales etc)

Not uncommon to see Categries in Concierge & Aqua Classes Priced out of sequence... Even tho they are supposed to be tiered by Amenities & Location... With Aqua having all that C-Class has and then some.

Generally speaking...

C3s tend to be fore or aft (farther to walk / more movement)

C2s midship

C1s in the popular Aft back deck over the wake spot (Sunset Balconies)

A-Class is tiered similarly.

Tho we recently snagged ourselves an A1 Sunset Balcony on an upcoming Cruise Sale that was priced lower than any of the C-Class Cabins. Woo-who !!

Pays to watch Celebrity's Website for pricing changes (upgrades if already booked)... Cause things often can & do change as the ship books up / sells out.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!