Edocs and Luggage tags

blyle

Well I received edocs and it says luggage tags will be available in Honolulu at the pier. I would like to preprint some tags. Exactly what info besides Name, sailing date , cabin # ?. I would appreciate it if someone can tell me what else I need on the labels.

How is this process? Is it easy to do and does it work?

Thanks for your help.

Well I received edocs and it says luggage tags will be available in Honolulu at the pier. I would like to preprint some tags. Exactly what info besides Name, sailing date , cabin # ?. I would appreciate it if someone can tell me what else I need on the labels.

How is this process? Is it easy to do and does it work?

Thanks for your help.

Ship Name and you're good to go - you could add address if you don't have another tag with it.

blyle,

Definitely bring labels! I brought a whole page of them and used every one. I did not like this situation. We also received e-docs and no baggage tags. When we arrived at the dock...one that we are very familiar with..Boston...it was a mess. The porter was trying to take our baggage away without any tags or locks on them! I had to tell him to stop, slow down and let me take care of them first. It was a HUGE help having the tags ready to just slap on the provided luggage tags. I do not know if I would have survived it if I had to fill each and every tag out with the pen the porter tried to hand me! Anyway, the info I printed on my tag was name, address, ship name, date of departure and then under that in the biggest font possible I put our cabin number. Needless to say, we did receive all of our bags BUT because it was such an ordeal, my dh mistakenly put a plastic lock on our cooler! I got a little orange tag on my card and had to proceed to the "bad suitcase people" section becuase they thought I was trying to sneak booze by them. I was so ticked...the cooler only contained pepsi cans and water bottles and the hair dryer that would not fit in the suitcases! Hope they lose this procedure soon!

Happy cruisin!

When we departed on the Majesty in May, taking ShoreGuy's advice, I had prepared labels for my luggage tags. We got to the port at around 11:15. It was not crowded at all, and someone from NCL was at a podium outside. The porters took our luggage from the limo and brought it to the podium. The gentleman there was kind enough to fill out the tags for us (even though I told him I had labels all done).

I would prepare the labels, because you don't know what it's going to be like at the port.

Archived