Rain Forest Aerial Tram AND Pitons?

just4steven

I see the carnival cruise we will be on has the aerial tram tour through the rain forest and it's only 3 hours, yeah! Um, but the ship is docked 8 to 5 and the tours depart at 10:30 or noon, bad carnival! :mad:

We have never been to St Lucia so of course we really want to see the Pitons, the closer the better. It does not have to be a long visit, we just want to see them.

So does anyone know of any tours that include the rain forest tram and the Pitons? Or any suggestions? Like can we just have a taxi driver take us to these 2 spots for a bit? I do not want to say cost is not an issue at all, but I can say we are willing to pay if we can comfortably fit these two destinations in between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Thanks!

Oh, and I just thought of it, maybe if we get off the ship fairly early we could just take a quick trip by taxi to the Pitons and back to the ship area to take the cruise tour to the rain forest at noon? I'm not familiar with the logistics of St Lucia yet so I'm not sure if this is possible? Thanks!

Oh, and I just thought of it, maybe if we get off the ship fairly early we could just take a quick trip by taxi to the Pitons and back to the ship area to take the cruise tour to the rain forest at noon? I'm not familiar with the logistics of St Lucia yet so I'm not sure if this is possible? Thanks!

Actually to get to the Pitons from the cruise terminal in Castries, will take 1 - 1 1/2 hours by taxi one way making it difficult to be able to see the Pitons and also take in the Tram Ride in Babonneau.

Thank you dz, it does look like a journey. I guess the good news is if we like St Lucia half as much as we think we will, we are just going to have to return for a week long trip and explore some more then and check out the rain forest! :)

Thank you dz, it does look like a journey. I guess the good news is if we like St Lucia half as much as we think we will, we are just going to have to return for a week long trip and explore some more then and check out the rain forest! :)

We had a similar dilemma on our first cruise visit to St. Lucia. We wanted to do the zipline in Dennery and also see the Pitons...but since this was too far apart, this option was not feasible. We ended up going on an island tour that took us down to the Pitons that included Sulphur Springs, Toraille Waterfall, a banana plantation and beach time at Jalousie Beach which is located between the Pitons. St. Lucia is a very lush and mountainous island. We enjoyed St. Lucia so much, that we did return on a land vacation and explored more of what this island has to offer.

As DZ63 pointed at, simply not possible. It's 3 hours r/t just to get down to see the Pitons, and the Aerial Tram is about 35 minutes one way from the docks....the timing just doesn't work out. You can zipline in the Soufriere area if you're interested in that. Morne Coubaril offers a great plantation tour, zip line course, lunch, etc and the course has stunning views of the Pitons and sea. It's a shorter course - 8 lines, but lots of fun.

If seeing the Pitons is important (and let's face it, they are what makes St Lucia unique amongst the islands), then a land/sea tour or something similar to the Soufriere are would be in order. Enjoy your visit - and come back for a land stay too!! :p