How do I tip extra

Nadersmom

at the Steakhouse? We have reservations for Steakhouse on our upcoming cruise on the Liberty. I know that the $35/person supposedly includes gratuity. But if I do want to tip extra, do I add it to the sheet I sign for the charges on my S&S card? Or do I tip in cash?

Trying to figure out how much cash I need to bring for this trip for tipping.

thanks so much!

at the Steakhouse? We have reservations for Steakhouse on our upcoming cruise on the Liberty. I know that the $35/person supposedly includes gratuity. But if I do want to tip extra, do I add it to the sheet I sign for the charges on my S&S card? Or do I tip in cash?

thanks so much!

You can do either. There is a tip line on the receipt that you sign if you want to leave extra. Or you can give your wait staff cash. Up to you. Enjoy! :)

thanks so much!

Either way is fine. I always add extra also, and I add it onto the slip they have you sign for your S&S account. There is a line to add an extra tip just like you do at a restaurant. But cash works too.

I wish I had a link, but a poster here who said she worked in the steakhouse stated that regardless of the tips left, she said she got paid the same regardless. So I wouldn't waste my time.

Really? You mean they don't get the extra if I add it to my S&S account?

But if I physically hand them cash, they don't get to keep it? Why?

Either way is fine. I always add extra also, and I add it onto the slip they have you sign for your S&S account. There is a line to add an extra tip just like you do at a restaurant. But cash works too.

Thanks so much!

That's why I wish I had the link. I may search later.

Thank you! That's just crazy. They work hard, extra tipping is to be at our discretion, or so I thought. I would have hoped that If I chose to tip extra for excellent service, that they would allow the person who gave the excellent service to keep it. Sheesh, that's a shame

it all gets pooled -- even with cash they are supposed to pot it and it gets divided ---

OK, I suppose I can understand that a little better. I mean, as much as I would like the person who actually served me be the one who received it, I know that there are people who don't give any extra for a job well done. **And that's not to say that I feel everyone should tip extra. It's included in the meal price so there certainly shouldn't be any obligation to tip above that, nor should anyone be criticized for NOT doing so. It's their choice to not tip extra just as it's my choice to do so.***

So depending on the luck of the draw, even an excellent server could get nothing additional because the person they were ahem assigned to doesn't feel the need to tip extra. And in the case of cruising, I doubt that pooling the tips would allocate extra $ to a poor wait staff member because as far as I've seen, there aren't any poor wait staff members on cruise ships :D.

So I wonder....is it all of the wait staff that pool it and divide it? or is the kitchen staff included in that as well? I could even better understand if it is pooled between EVERYONE in the steakhouse I guess.

Waitstaff in steakhousae probably has it easier than those in DR. They have fewer people to take care of and have the time to give great service if they are on their toes.

Regular service we do not tip extra but if extraordinary will add to the tip.