Should I book DIVINA?

mcatmcat

Hi

I'm a super fan of royal Caribbean but my friend is constantly talking to

Me about msc divina. I saw a couple of videos in youtube and I really liked the ship but what better place to ask an honest opinion that in this forum.

I was looking sailing from the Caribbean. I like the fact that it stay in Puerto Rico longer than royal and that the decor and food presentation is amazing.

Last but not least I'm in the mid 20's

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well we have read lots and lots of reviews...some good, some bad....but you know how reviews go.........we have sailed on RCCL, Celebrity, Carnival and NCL and we are looking forward to our first MSC cruise in Sept.....the price for 7 days was too good to pass up $299 for an inside and the drink package for 7 days of $399....also too good a deal....we are going to be spending less for the 7 days for basically all inclusive than a regular cruise line 7 day deal...........if you can find a great deal I'd go for it.............any day at sea is better than at work.......we are in our early 50's but love to party and still haven't grown up yet............It's not likely going to happen at this rate............:D

We are booked again with MSC.

Cruised on Poesia last year and loved it. There are many similarities between two lines (we have 5 cruises with Royal).

I find MSC ships slightly more ellegant.

Entertainment is a bit different. You will see production shows every day.. and there are more music everywhere at night.

Food.. I find Royals food a bit better (steaks), but overall it was good on MSC.

Crowd is more international. We had 50/50 Americans/Europeans (with some people from South America). I personally enjoyed this opportunity to interact with Europeans while sailing in Caribbean. :)

Service was as good as with RCCL, less pushy with drinks.

I would give it a try... we even sdriving to Florida again to catch MSC ship rather than sailing from NYC/Boston.

I sail on the Divina tomorrow. I'll let you know my thoughts when I return!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have a great cruise!! I sail in September !!

I've sailed Carnival and RC and am hoping MSC is as good as it looks!!! Can't wait to hear about your cruise!!

We're Diamond+ with RCCL and have over 55 sailings with various lines under our belt. We're sailing with MSC (Divina) for the first time in October after reading many positive comments and seeing their sale offerings. We'll be very interested in peoples' comments from this thread as well.

Our only problem so far is that we see some discrepancies in our documents which we can view but not alter them on-line and we cannot we reach our PVC after numerous calls yesterday. We booked a balcony guarantee - the $369 special - our documents show we're booked in a cat. I. I'm also listed as a male, which I clearly am not.

So, we're taking a leap of faith and hoping we love it. Good luck with your decision. We'll certainly share upon our return.

Francine

We've sailed on Divina and loved it!!

There are very few announcements during the day.

No loud music on the decks

No bar servers walking around with trays of drinks to sell

No photographers in your face everywhere you go

Very rarely will you ever see your room attendant

Dinners are an event,,1 and a half to 3 hours long in some instances

You are on a European Cruise Line so expect the European way of things. We love it and can't wait for the next 5 of our sailings aboard Divina.