Just back from Alaska on the Westerdam!

Are the Marathon Expeditions cruises for runners only? My daughter and son-in-law are marathoners and have never been on a cruise and this would be a great way to combine their love of running with our going with them on a cruise.

Wonderful comparsion review. We, too are DCL cruisers. Will be trying Holland America for the first time in September. We're going on the Zuiderdam to Alaska.

We've done Alaska twice previously - once wih Royal Caribbean and once with DCL.

We try not to compare, but it's hard not too - with DCL standards.

Are the Marathon Expeditions cruises for runners only? My daughter and son-in-law are marathoners and have never been on a cruise and this would be a great way to combine their love of running with our going with them on a cruise.

We were a small group on the ship, so definitely not the only ones. I think there were a couple of people who came along with runners as support - but I'm not sure how that works. The agent who works with us could tell you. Search Great Alaskan Running Cruise and the website should pop up.

They aren't. But, it would probably be cheaper for you to book the same cruise not with the charter, because the fare includes races and other amenities. There are a lot of different running cruises out there. One company has cruises in the Caribbean, Alaska, and Danube River. Another one has longer distance runs and cruises with Princess. That one starts with a full or half marathon and THEN boards the cruise for more running. Disney even has a running cruise where you can do the Goofy Challenge (5k, 1/2 marathon, and full marathon) and then take a cruise. :) I'm leaning toward doing the Goofy Challenge and cruise combo. But there are others we're looking at as well.

Edited by AlohaPride