"Sightseeing" tours in Papeete and Bora Bora

jst4fun715

I posted this question on the "Pacific Islands" board and someone suggested I post here. We will be on Royal Caribbean next April with stops in Papeete from 3:00 till 9:00 p.m. (yes....weird times!) and in Bora Bora from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.. We are interested in more of a "sightseeing" tour rather than strictly beach or eating time as it will be our first time there and maybe the only time.

Does anyone have any suggestions? We really would like a tour rather than renting a car as we have a group of at least 6 people and would rather leave the driving to someone else!

We also have a stop in Moorea and have a tour arranged there. I know some go there for the day, but that is already planned.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Carol

10.1372486413.wow.jpgI replied on your other post, but I'll repeat myself here.

I did a 4x4 tour on BB. It is bumpy (we made a joke that the GIs during WW2 built the roads and they hadn't been repaired since), but you get to see the cannons from the war and end up at what has to be one of the most jaw dropping WOW views you will ever see--the BB lagoon.

filename=wow.jpg

I would avoid Patrick Adventure on Tahiti. We booked a full day tour with him. When I emailed a few days before the date of the tour to reconfirm, he gave me some song and dance. Bottom line he had lost our reservation and couldn't accommodate us. Glad I emailed to reconfirm, otherwise we would have left the ship early in order to be waiting at the hotel for a pick up that would never come without any notice from him.

In Bora Bora we used Damian at Boraboraphotolagoon.com for a personal tour and snorkel adventure. We stopped a few times for snorkel and since this was private, we were away from crowds. Best part of the day was a stop at a private motu for @1 hour. Really felt like we were alone on the planet and in paradise. He had a new speedboat (OK, this was a few years ago) and it was one of the best days ever. So much so that we have re-booked Damien for our upcoming trip to FP.

In Papeete we privately booked with Patrick at Patrickaventure@mail.pf. He had one of the typical FP trucks, with bench seating in the back and an overhang that allowed us to zip up the sides. The zip was necessary because he took us to the interior where sporadic rain bursts made us pull over for a few minutes until they passed. But what an adventure - the hundreds of waterfalls after the rain were amazing. I would not hesitate to take his tour again, and will do so, but the full version visiting Tahiti Ihi when we have the time.

I recommend both of these tour operators for your private trips. Good luck.

In Papeete we privately booked with Patrick at Patrickaventure@mail.pf. He had one of the typical FP trucks, with bench seating in the back and an overhang that allowed us to zip up the sides. The zip was necessary because he took us to the interior where sporadic rain bursts made us pull over for a few minutes until they passed. But what an adventure - the hundreds of waterfalls after the rain were amazing. I would not hesitate to take his tour again, and will do so, but the full version visiting Tahiti Ihi when we have the time.

I recommend both of these tour operators for your private trips. Good luck.

This is the one who stiffed us. Wouldn't take the chance with him again.

Patrick in Tahiti was great!!! Whole family loved the 1/2 day trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Glad he didn't lose your reservation. Like I said, based on my experience with him, I wouldn't book with him.