Falmouth with a 3 and 4 year old

kathanderik

Not sure what to do in this port- kids are too young for Dunns River/Blue Hole. Was thinking of Margarettiaville but a friend told me some locatations can get rowdy. Any nice beaches closer then Montergio Bay? Bringing booster seats for kids; however worried they will be a pain to lug around once we got to our location

Not sure what to do in this port- kids are too young for Dunns River/Blue Hole. Was thinking of Margarettiaville but a friend told me some locatations can get rowdy. Any nice beaches closer then Montergio Bay? Bringing booster seats for kids; however worried they will be a pain to lug around once we got to our location

http://www.bookitvacationjamaica.com/cruiseship/falmouthBeachtrip.html

We used this company to go to Doctors Cave beach from Falmouth. It was about a 30 minute ride but we used them because they provided a carseat. The beach has clear, clam water perfect for little ones. They have food & drinks for sale. We had a great time there.

• 1 month later...
http://www.bookitvacationjamaica.com/cruiseship/falmouthBeachtrip.html

We used this company to go to Doctors Cave beach from Falmouth. It was about a 30 minute ride but we used them because they provided a carseat. The beach has clear, clam water perfect for little ones. They have food & drinks for sale. We had a great time there.

How much did it cost per person? We will be on the Allure and are not sure what to do here. We will be traveling with a 2 and 3 year old. I am thinking we will book a beach excursion or just stay on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Our potential plan is to use jaital for bus transport to Doctor's Cave from the ship. From what I've researched, it's $20 pp round trip in a shuttle bus. Our kids will be 4 and 8 when we go in February.

Best bet is to stay within the port with children.

Why? Kids like beaches too. Lots of fun stuff for kids to do in Jamaica in addition to a beach day....Feed the Birds at Rockland Sanctuary, do a day sail, etc. We (my sisters and I) started snorkeling at 3 & 4 years old, so a snorkeling tour might be fun too!

My kids will be "snorkeling" in all our ports, too. It may be more just using the mask and looking around while holding their breath, but I'm hoping that my 8 yr old will get the hang of the snorkel!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which cruise line will you be on? We sail with Royal. There are certain ports we scuba dive and leave our daughter on the ship for the day. The Adventure Ocean provides free childcare all day on port days. Just a thought if you want to do something without the children. Our daughter will stay on ship in Jamaica but will come with us in Labadee and Cozumel - where she will snorkel and play at the beach.

BTW - our little girl (4 years old) is one cruise away from diamond status - and not inherited from her parents. She has been on that many cruises since she was born. And on many of them she preferred staying onboard and playing with her new friends.