Combining two cabins

AEckhardt

I currently have two adjoining cabins. I paid for both at the same time, but NCL has them listed as two separate reservation numbers.

Now, a much larger cabin, that would comfortably fit all of us is available for just slightly more than what I paid for the two in total. It is past the final payment date. If I call to book that cabin rather than the two I have, will they charge me the cancelation fees for one of the adjoining??

A phone call is probably in order. if you booked through a TA, call the TA and have them ask about the possibility. if you booked directly, call yourself and ask if you can work something out with them. technically, a cancellation fee should apply if one of the cabins is cancelled out, but the company might waive that penalty if you are spending more for a better cabin for all guests. it is worth asking...

I currently have two adjoining cabins. I paid for both at the same time, but NCL has them listed as two separate reservation numbers.

Now, a much larger cabin, that would comfortably fit all of us is available for just slightly more than what I paid for the two in total. It is past the final payment date. If I call to book that cabin rather than the two I have, will they charge me the cancelation fees for one of the adjoining??

You did not ask for advice on this, and it's your decision, but keep in mind you will be paying more to go from two bathrooms to only one. One bigger room with one less bathroom and maybe less privacy does not sound all that appealing to me. I think I'd keep the two room/two bath adjoining if it were me.

You did not ask for advice on this, and it's your decision, but keep in mind you will be paying more to go from two bathrooms to only one. One bigger room with one less bathroom and maybe less privacy does not sound all that appealing to me. I think I'd keep the two room/two bath adjoining if it were me.

That is certainly something to think about with a teenage girl in the party! Lol! However, we have also been spoiled by suite perks before, and would be willing to "sacrifice" for a whirlpool tub, dining area, etc.. (Although, I was somewhat looking forward to a "girls room" and a "boys room")

I guess it comes down to me seeing what NCL is willing to do. If I'm going to get charged a cancellation fee for one room, I'll be more than happy to keep our current situation.

That is certainly something to think about with a teenage girl in the party! Lol! However, we have also been spoiled by suite perks before, and would be willing to "sacrifice" for a whirlpool tub, dining area, etc.. (Although, I was somewhat looking forward to a "girls room" and a "boys room")

I guess it comes down to me seeing what NCL is willing to do. If I'm going to get charged a cancellation fee for one room, I'll be more than happy to keep our current situation.

Ooooh! You didn't mention a suite. Well, that might be well worth it for the suite perks!

In 2010 we combined a SF suite & an SC suite and upgraded to the GV after the final payment. At that time there was no cancellation fee, since we were moving up. Call and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd also give up some privacy/bathroom in exchange the suite perks.

please let us know what NCL says if you call.

Ok, so here is what happened. I played a bit of roulette after noticing the suite price drop a bit. I called today after it became under $1000 to upgrade. They said they'd be able to waive the cancelation fee for the second cabin and upgrade the four of us to the two bedroom suite. Here is the BUT: even though I booked both cabins at the same time, with the same card, they would have to cancel one cabin and I would have to wait for the full fare to be credited to my card. 5-7 business days. SO, today I would have had to have paid another $3500-ish and then wait to be credited the $2500 back. Well, I wasn't prepared to do that. I could call back after doing some financial rearranging, but now I'm not so sure it's worth it. I'm thinking I'd rather keep that extra grand and swim with the dolphins or something...

Every cabin is a separate reservation with NCL no matter how you pay them so they are correct about the procedure. Too bad if you must let the suite life to slip away for that, good to hear that they are in some cases willing to waive the cancellation fees - to be honest I wasn't necessarily expecting that. :)

That is why credit cards are awesome for stuff like this. Assuming I was okay with the cost to upgrade, I would have done it in a heartbeat. There is not cost unless you happen to hit the credit card just right (wrong). Heck, even if it was the last day of the billing period, it would have cleared before the bill was due.

Since we spend so much (almost everything), even if it carried over a month, we would survive.

Back to the original issue - moving up to most suites would not have been a good deal. Moving to the 2BR suite would have been great. But... saving $1,000 is great too.

depending upon the suite and the number of people, I might have done it. like the PP, on my credit card it is likely the transactions would have offset one another by the time the bill was due. On a debit account or a some people's credit account, it could create a lot more problems.

The 2 bedroom suite sounds like the perfect option. Sorry it didn't feel right to you to make the change. I would have done it in a heartbeat but totally understand the financial concern to float that much money. I am sure you will have a wonderful time either way!