Bringing distilled water?

My Husband needs a C-Pap to sleep. We always bring an extension cord because there is only one outlet but can we bring distilled water aboard? I am not bringing a gallon, he only needs a small amount.

You can't buy distilled water in a regular size water bottle, and regular water clogs the machine.

Suggestions?

My Mom uses a C-pap machine. Its noted in her profile and I also mention it when I book our cruises. They always have a gallon of distilled water and an extention cord waiting in the room when we arrive.

My brother also uses a C-pap but he just uses the water on the ship.

My friend used to drag her own gallon on board with her until we realized the ship sells a gallon of it. What a pain until the room is ready.

Also my brothers DR told him that a week of regular water won't hurt it at all as long as he goes back to distilled after a trip.

Years ago I had a bottle with a filter on it that was supposed to make the equivalent of distilled water. I used the water in my iron. It was small and simple and I tried to find one for my friend to no avail. I wonder if they are still out there somewhere? It would be so simple. You just fill the 10 oz bottle with water and squeeze it thru the filter cap. Easy peazy.

Edited by Boozebabe

You can contact Carnival at specialneeds@carnival.com and request that the extension cord and distilled water be made available in the cabin upon boarding. My brother uses a CPAP and this is what he does. Usually extension cords from home are confiscated and returned the last day. Easier to let the cruise line take care of it.

My friend used to drag her own gallon on board with her until we realized the ship sells a gallon of it. What a pain until the room is ready.

Also my brothers DR told him that a week of regular water won't hurt it at all as long as he goes back to distilled after a trip.

Years ago I had a bottle with a filter on it that was supposed to make the equivalent of distilled water. I used the water in my iron. It was small and simple and I tried to find one for my friend to no avail. I wonder if they are still out there somewhere? It would be so simple. You just fill the 10 oz bottle with water and squeeze it thru the filter cap. Easy peazy.

Why not buy a Brita type filter bottle? They now sell them in what looks like a glass tumbler for individual use. Most people write that ship water is safe.

Why not buy a Brita type filter bottle? They now sell them in what looks like a glass tumbler for individual use. Most people write that ship water is safe.

I have a large Brita pitcher I use at home and love it. I had no idea they had a small version. Thank you. I'll tell my friend. We travel a lot and hotels don't usually have distilled water. Nice to know.

My Husband needs a C-Pap to sleep. We always bring an extension cord because there is only one outlet but can we bring distilled water aboard? I am not bringing a gallon' date=' he only needs a small amount.

You can't buy distilled water in a regular size water bottle, and regular water clogs the machine.

Suggestions?[/quote']

I have used a CPAP since 2005. I carry my own extension cord inside the CPAP bag, it has NEVER been taken. It is always in good repair and always has a UL tag on it. I have replaced it, when the old one got a little ragged looking. With the extension cord, I also got a three-way plug that is the same color (orange) and that is used to charge our electronic devices.

Several times requests for an extension cord were denied as they were all being reserved for "photo nights."

I checked with the local rep for my CPAP and was told that the water offered on the cruise ship will not damage or corrupt the CPAP for a week. The desalination process does add some minerals that are not in distilled water, but for a week the damage, if any, is minor.

My Mom uses a C-pap machine. Its noted in her profile and I also mention it when I book our cruises. They always have a gallon of distilled water and an extention cord waiting in the room when we arrive.

My brother also uses a C-pap but he just uses the water on the ship.

Carnival quoted me $3 gallon, order on ship. Free on NCL.

Edited by monteboy

Ive had a C-pap for over 10 years and never used anything but tap water at home or on a ship

This! I have used tap water in mine for many years. I used to use distilled water but I travel often for business and buying a gallon of distilled and leaving behind at least 90-95% of it just wasn't cost effective. My water tank is replaced every six months per my insurance. By the time it is replaced there is a little calcification going on but it doesn't hamper it's operation. One week without distilled water isn't going to cause any problems.

Edited by fan3car

It was either $3 or $4 for them to bring a gallon of distilled water to the room.

I read on here that the ships water was basically the same as distilled water, so on 2 cruises, 14 days, there has been none of the regular calcification that tap water anywhere else gives me.

Also, as far as I know brita doesn't filter it to the quality that distilling (boiling and dripping), if they are anything like the high quality refrigerator which is regularly changed. I tried that out as an alternative, and it left the same deposits as regular water.

Guess it depends on your local tap water if it clogs at home. My experience is my local tap water works fine. I asked my provider, and they said cruise ship water would be fine as well. I also travel with a good quality extension cord in the bag. Our last cruise, I asked for an extension cord ( had other things to plug in ) and got one, but I had to go to GS and put a $25 deposit, which was returned at end of cruise. Anyone else have to leave a deposit?

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5C

using Forums