Carnival fan thinking of the Breakaway

cathyoo

My family is going on the Breakaway and husband and I are thinking of joining. Hoping NCL fans can give me some info

We love trivia and such, will we find it on the Breakaway?

What are the range of charges on the pay restaurants?

Any suggestions for a good location for a balcony room. I have some mobility issues so would like to find something centrally located.

I would be very grateful for any information or comparison between NCL and Carnival.

We are not picking people but after 10 Carnival cruises we may be a little biased.

thank you so much

You will find plenty of trivia, multiple times and subjects per day.

The restaurants both free and pay are listed on their web site, sorry don't have it memorized.

You should look at rooms both fore and aft, such as category BD, to be closer to the elevators. Added bonus is these are cheaper.

There are so many activities on board you will love it!

Rooms were bigger on Carnival.

Crew on Carnival seemed a little more outgoing.

Those are the things that I remember.

But, having sailed Breakaway, I would highly recommend NCL.

Like medtech said, get a cabin by the elevators and stairs either fore or aft. It will help you get around faster and much easier.

Buffet and MDRs very nice. Decor is much better than Carnival.

Remember seeing a lot of trivia being done in the Atrium.

Have fun!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

My family is going on the Breakaway and husband and I are thinking of joining. Hoping NCL fans can give me some info

We love trivia and such, will we find it on the Breakaway?

What are the range of charges on the pay restaurants?

Any suggestions for a good location for a balcony room. I have some mobility issues so would like to find something centrally located.

I would be very grateful for any information or comparison between NCL and Carnival.

We are not picking people but after 10 Carnival cruises we may be a little biased.

thank you so much

.....most of my cruises have been on Carnival so far. I used to cruise with my young son and he loved it. Now since I don't cruise with him any more, I have changed to NCL. My wife loves it tremendously more than she liked Carnival.

This will be our second time on the Breakaway, you will thoroughly enjoy it.

wasiii

I loved our two Carnival cruises, and I loved our Breakaway cruise too. Knowing ahead of time about the small balconies on BA we researched and chose perfectly with an aft balcony on deck 11 - I think we're spoiled now from ever having a side balcony again.

I did think our Carnival cabins were slightly bigger, and the closet placement in the cabins on Carnival is MUCH better, and stored more. Also, I do like traditional dining where you have the same table and waitstaff each night; our cabin stewards on both lines were great. NCL came out with the ability to make reservations in the MDRs, but we always had different waitstaff.

The deck parties on BA were SO MUCH FUN - never had anything like that on our Carnival cruises. And though I know food is subjective, but I personally thought the MDR (free) food was better on Carnival. But saying all that...I would sail either line anytime. I liked the Breakaway very, very much.