OK, Tell me about Christmas Onboard!

seasearider59

We are finally taking the plunge and are sailing the week of Christmas.

I would like to know everything. Is the ship all decorated? Are there special shows? Holiday music? Movies? Santa? Snow?

We will be at Little Stirrup Cay ON Christmas day. Wondering if they do anything special, seeing how it's a "Private" island.

So please, tell me, tell me. I can't wait, I'm like a kid waiting for ............well, CHRISTMAS!

Well, I can't help with the show's and such. Yes, the ship is decorated.

We did a B2B on Legend last Christmas.

The fun part, get together with your roll call buddies and do a stocking! We had everyone hang a stocking on their door and every day we would drop candy, goodies, trinkets into it. It was so fun coming back and finding out what's been left for you.

Some of the things we received, cards, magnets, a SoAS, lots of candy. I left a lot of folding church fans, pens, bracelets, and such. All small things that didn't take up much space in our luggage.

It really made it seem like Christmas to us.

Just so you know, we do not usually see the shows.

Have been on several CCL Christmas week cruises. Free champagne and eggnog, snow "falls" in atrium, Santa visits, holiday music throughout ship, kids club puts on a little show on the main stage, ship is decorated in holiday tradition, etc. Special holiday meal served in dining room - turkey/ham.

Spending Christmas on a cruise is a wonderful experience. I think the highlight (for us) is the special ice skating shows offered by Royal Caribbean. Turn up your speakers and click on the link below. It's awesome! :D

Christmas Ice Skating Show

Regardless of the cruise line, it's a wonderful way to spend the Holiday! Happy sailing!

They don't call it Christmas. :rolleyes:

We went on the Fascination. They avoided the word Christmas as if it was the F word. :eek: But yes, they had lots of "holiday" decoration, "seasonal" music, and a show featuring a "very special character".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Sailing Christmas week is fun and the kids have some great parties. The ship is decorated in a very festive way, for all the holiday's in December, which is great, so whether you celebrate Christmas, Chunuka, etc., you feel a real sense of warmth, (no pun intended). However, if I was asked to describe it in one word it would be without a doubt "Expensive"

The fun part, get together with your roll call buddies and do a stocking! We had everyone hang a stocking on their door and every day we would drop candy, goodies, trinkets into it. It was so fun coming back and finding out what's been left for you.

Some of the things we received, cards, magnets, a SoAS, lots of candy. I left a lot of folding church fans, pens, bracelets, and such. All small things that didn't take up much space in our luggage.

It really made it seem like Christmas to us.

Just so you know, we do not usually see the shows.

I love the stocking idea!!!! I really want to take a Christmas cruise next year.

They don't call it Christmas. :rolleyes:

We went on the Fascination. They avoided the word Christmas as if it was the F word. :eek: But yes, they had lots of "holiday" decoration, "seasonal" music, and a show featuring a "very special character".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We noticed that as well when we took a Christmas cruise on the Ecstasy! :(

I've taken a first week of December as well as New Years cruise. The ships are decorated all month long! The snow falls in the atrium all month also. Great pictures with Saint Nick. Bring your Santa hats!!!