Sensational Serenade 12 night Med with Venice overnight and Montenegro Review.

Okay, Cath, I have this on my list to do for May! A candle will be lit for you and Grrr.

Is St Ger - ema his favorite?

Oh wow thank you Denise. If you did that for me it would be so amazing i would be eternally grateful. Do you need anything done in any other European city ? i'l see if i can sort it out for you in return :eek:

Seriously though it would mean a huge amount to me if you did that, - i hope you write a review as i will of course have to see a photo :D

Oh wow thank you Denise. If you did that for me it would be so amazing i would be eternally grateful. Do you need anything done in any other European city ? i'l see if i can sort it out for you in return :eek:

Seriously though it would mean a huge amount to me if you did that, - i hope you write a review as i will of course have to see a photo :D

Let's see.....you can go on another European cruise and write another review...that would pay me back! :)

Or maybe drink an Guiness in my honor.

I am not Catholic, but have a lot of Catholic friends. I have always enjoyed the ceremony and spiritality found in Catholic churches. I usually have a list of folks to light candles for, and like to find the "right" church.

I did tell my husband about this, and he really liked the idea. It is always easier when those menfolk are onboard!

Hi Stef.

How are ya ? Yes i'm here but with not much spare time for CC at the moment. I know I am a very very naughty reviewer but I promise to be back soon :):p

You better watch out! San Nioclás might not leave presents in your pillow case!

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:( Hello everyone ( or anyone that may care to continue to read).

Apologies for the hideous delay with this cruise review. Life has been way to busy recently and time just got away from me. I will do my best to continue it now especially for those that may be going on a similar itinerary soon ( i'm unaware of any other review here on the RCI forum that includes Kotor).

Looking forward to getting some feedback as I could do with a little encouragement to get back on track :o

post to follow very shortly.

Catherine

P.S Hope everyone had happy holidays.

Alright, get back to it! ;) I for one would love to hear about the rest. I mean I waited a year for another Hunger Games movie and you took less than that. That should count for something. :)

phew , at least someone forgives me and is willing to read on. And when its the queen of photo's herself it certainly does count for something!

Kisses to you lovely lady.

phew , at least someone forgives me and is willing to read on. And when its the queen of photo's herself it certainly does count for something!

Kisses to you lovely lady.

Aww, you make me blush. Believe me, I am not the only one. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas now get back to writing....please.[emoji12]

So, where were we? Well after the disappointment of not being able to get my anniversary gift because our bank card was out of order, almost being banged up abroad for eating more than we could afford to pay for and not being able to gain entry to see my beloved St. Lucia we decided it was definitely time to find Piazzale Roma and the people mover back to the ship. So we made our way along by the Grande canal for the final time.

We passed the Church of the Scalzi also known as Santa Maria de Nazareth, a fine church I’m sure but considering I was now bearing a grudge against all religious establishments on the Island I refused to step foot inside. It seems so irate was I that I didn’t even bother to snap a quick picture. Next we passed the train station, yes the very one dedicated to St Lucia – it was as if the whole city were mocking me – here’s a huge ugly train station wide open why don’t you come in here for a look around considering you couldn’t make it into the church. Ok maybe the afternoon sun had finally gotten to me!

We finally made it to the monstrosity that is the Ponte della Constituzion. Built in 2008, it is the fourth bridge across the canal and serves the purpose of connecting the train station and Piazzale Roma. I believe the bridge has received some heated criticism, most notably as it was erected with no consideration for the mobility impaired. This was corrected in 2010 when an access lift was installed. Personally, I don’t think it’s the prettiest bridge I’ve ever seen especially in comparison to say Rialto and it does look kinda out of place. Nevertheless, that day I was glad that we had made it back that far without getting terribly lost and knew that the people mover and the cool air-conditioned ship were awaiting me at the other side.

PICT_20140611_122820_zps33e7871d.jpg

PICT_20140611_123247_zps4aef87be.jpg

Right across from the Constituzion Bridge is the Giardino Papadopoli, a nice green looking park.

PICT_20140611_123242_zps0328bd8d.jpg

Constituzion Bridge.

CATH!!!!! I'm at work and snagged a peek at CruiseCritic on my phone ... And joy of joys found you had returned ! So looking to read your post when I get home and so glad you are continuing your review !

Hope you had a lovely Christmas!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Happy Days! You have returned. I am most anxious to learn what you did after Venice.

Keep the postings coming. I check every day and it has been a looooong wait.

CATH!!!!! I'm at work and snagged a peek at CruiseCritic on my phone ... And joy of joys found you had returned ! So looking to read your post when I get home and so glad you are continuing your review !

Hope you had a lovely Christmas!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you, you are most kind. I am honored that people are still following along. I did have a lovely Christmas thanks, hope you and your family did also.

Back on board we enjoyed a relaxed afternoon and then won some lovely magnetic picture frames at the afternoon trivia. Our luck had finally changed! That evening, Ger surprised me with a table booked in Chops as he knew how much I had loved it first time. What was really lovely was that he ensured he spoke to the restaurant manager to arrange a table by the window so we could enjoy the sail away from Venice right there. Sail away was scheduled for 8.30 p.m but we were still there sometime later. We started to wonder what was the delay when we spotted an ambulance arrive. All of the little problems of our day were certainly put into perspective when we witnessed a family walk off with their luggage after waving goodbye to their loved one being driven away in an ambulance. Our waitress told us that it was a suspected heart attack and that two other people had been removed from the ship today by ambulance with heat related issues. What a desperately sad thing to happen on holiday.

Soon the tug had us on our way and as we savored another excellent meal in Chops we savored the scene as it sailed past. One thing that struck me was the amount of people lining the route waving us off and taking lots of photographs – I suppose a huge cruise liner gliding past is quite a novelty! After dinner we went up on deck and were surprised by how quiet it was. I guess everyone was exhausted after two hot days touring Venice. We didn’t mind as it made for a very romantic evening stroll and a nice way to say arrivederci Venice and promise that we would be back again soon. Many people asked us what sights we saw and what tours did we do in Venice. Some were surprised when we said we didn’t really do any tours. Most understood though when we said that we felt it, breathed it, explored it, drank and ate it and most importantly lived it.

PICT_20140611_204050_zps9750323b.jpg

Away we go.

PICT_20140611_204539_zps250a596c.jpg

Waving goodbye to our parking spot.

PICT_20140611_205102_zps88e98047.jpg

The only snap I took of dinner.

PICT_20140611_210225_zps58b8bce1.jpg

One final glimpse of St Marks.

Our last stop tonight was the second show time with comedian Neal Austin in the Tropical Theatre. This guy was described as a comedy magic act and to put it politely I’m not the biggest fan of magic. Well I cried with laughter at this act, it was good old fashioned ridiculous family fun. He brought a helper up from the audience who didn’t speak a word of English (he was Spanish) and what followed was comic gold. One of the most enjoyable shows I’ve seen at Sea.

PICT_20140611_212833_zps37512b8f.jpg

A beautiful sailaway.

Love this picture of you!

Enjoying the review despite the pause. Lol i am excited to just experience all these places. There seems to be a fine line between seeing the 'attractions' and just enjoying your surroundings. I am finding that balance seems to be the hardest part of planning our upcoming med cruise.

I am looking forward to your review of Kotor. That is a hard area to find much on.

Hi Cath hope you have had a lovely Christmas and of course a Happy New Year.This review is fantastic.

We are cruising on the Splendour Out of Venice in May we should get to the ship by 12pm at all aboard will be 4pm.Do you think this gives us time to go to St Marks Square and back this is our first cruise so a bit nervous about making it back to the ship.

Cath:

I'm enjoying your review and I'm going to refer back to it when I make plans for the Cinque Terre.

I'm in the middle of my own review, my first one with pictures, and it's like a second job! So, thanks for taking the time to share with us.

;)I'm close to advising St. Lucia to go to Ireland to kick your butt. Don't you dare to not finish this one... you have many faithful readers eagerly (not to say desperately)waiting for more!

Please more!

Stef

Thank you for the comic relief. I really needed it!