Resturants in Anchorage

EliseL

We're doing the pre cruise land tour and the first night we're staying at the Marriott. Any suggestions for resturants? We've heard the Glacier Brewhouse is good. Anyone else like to share. We're not looking for anything fancy. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We enjoyed the Glacier Brewhouse in June but boy was I glad that I read here to make a reservation! The wait without a reservation was 90 minutes! Their reservations are through Open Table so it's easy. Have a great trip!

Since you said not fancy, this is what I recommend, based on what I've personally enjoyed...

-Fat Ptagmigan is a new-ish wood-fired thin crust pizza place. They have some local-themed pizzas as well as more traditional fare. The menu is rounded out with salads, appetizers, and desserts. They have gluten free options. The duck pizza with an egg is pretty awesome. I went three times in one week, once on date night, next with a group of colleagues from a conference, and the third time taking a family friend who is over 70. Everyone loved it. The staff were great with our group of 6 that turned into a group of 9, found space for us, split the check 9 ways...the whole 9 yards.

-Snow City Cafe for breakfast/lunch classic local place with healthy/slightly hip takes on diner food

-MUSE inside the museum for some offbeat meals

-Whale's Tail (inside the Hotel Captain Cook) is a wine bar (I've enjoyed it and I don't drink wine!) with a menu of small plates. If you like cute/tiny/trendy food, this is the place. (eg mini fish or steak tacos, deep fried PB&J, Indian seafood nachos).

We enjoyed the Glacier Brewhouse in June but boy was I glad that I read here to make a reservation! The wait without a reservation was 90 minutes! Their reservations are through Open Table so it's easy. Have a great trip!

We give 2 thumbs up for Glacier Brewhouse. The best halibut we've ever had. We went back on our 3rd night. Wish we'd skipped the fancier restaurant on the 2nd night and gone to GB all three nights. Reservations are absolutely a must! Perhaps we'll get back there one of these days.