Oasis Pool on Azura

FangedRose

You don't have to go through the spa, although it is no problem doing so, you can get to it from the deck above. There are loungers up there as well.

It's pretty shaded though due to the cover over the retreat.

I was hoping it was shaded. My skin and the sun don't get on!! Lol

Last August on Azura, the Oasis pool was only available to pax who'd paid to go in the Retreat. They had a member of security staff positioned to turn the hoi-polloi away.

That's what I'd heard and why I asked the question.

However it seems, from later cruisers, that the situation has changed.

I would like to hear from more recent passengers why the situation is now.

Edited by FangedRose

We were on Azura last week and went on the (free) guided tour of the ship. We visited Oasis and were assured by the Manageress(?) that access to the (adult only) Oasis 'pool was free for all (ie. you did not have to pay the fee for access to the Spa to use the 'pool).

We were on Azura last week ... and were assured by the Manageress(?) that access to the (adult only) Oasis 'pool was free for all (ie. you did not have to pay the fee for access to the Spa to use the 'pool).

Ditto, I was also told that even though it was 18 and over only in the pool, my 17yo could come into the area around the pool if he needed to contact me.

There are pool attendants on supervising the pool areas as well. A team of 4 on Azura last week. From speaking to one of them this is a new thing they are trialling this year, don't know if that is correct as I have never cruised P&O during the summer holidays before.

They were also clearing towels from unattended loungers.

As another confirmation. Oasis pool on Azura is free to all. The previous entry gates to the retreat are now further back so that the steps down to the pool are from outside the retreat area.

Also I met a new pool attendant while on the cruise, A419 which departed on July 13th. It was his very first cruise and he did suggest enforcement of sun lounger policy would be part of their duties. Which is a good thing in my view.

My view on the Oasis pool being available to all is generally positive. Despite virtually having this to ourselves in August 2010. The spa package is no longer worth it now though, in my view.. On day two there was a spa offer on treatments, 10% off first, 20% off second, 30% off third. This eroded any small saving from the spa packages. Although the only thing you don't get is prebooking and certainty of availability. Though I'd be surprised if that was a major issue as the spa never seemed busy.

Sorry to go off topic a bit.