Room Service Delivery

PeggyMc

No need to knock others, just don't post at all.

What are you, a member of the RCMP?

Apparently you're far more sensitive about this than the OP (and it's pretty obvious that you haven't a clue as to what it means to "knock others").

There is nothing wrong with a made to order omelet:). Breakfast through room service is kind of meh, cold cereal, fruit, danish. When the Lido first opens there are few cattle and everything is still fresh (and they do have made to order omelets and eggs to order).

Coffee, juice, sweet rolls for DH and 4 orders of Salmon every morning on our balcony, in our pj's as we watch the sun come up. For us this is the true meaning of cruising.

Coffee, juice, sweet rolls for DH and 4 orders of Salmon every morning on our balcony, in our pj's as we watch the sun come up. For us this is the true meaning of cruising.

I'd rather have the omelet but that's why we have choices:D.

I also love the room service breakfast. Fresh fruit/citrus segments/melon and croissants with guava jelly Yummy! and also once or twice per cruise, got to order the bagel, cream cheese and smoked salmon. For me, this is a real treat on a cruise, since I rarely eat breakfast at home.

What are you, a member of the RCMP?

Apparently you're far more sensitive about this than the OP (and it's pretty obvious that you haven't a clue as to what it means to "knock others").

I posted questioned answered earlier because I was feeling pretty stupid that I had posted such a dumb question.

I was thinking, of course incorrectly, that the room steward would bring it who enters the room all the time. The information from posters is helpful to us who are not as knowledgeable about things and often feel pretty dumb after posting. My initial plan, I realize now ,would be ridiculous and I'd rather have the information ahead of time.

So a note thanks to those helpful folks.

PeggyMc, there are no dumb questions. We all start somewhere when it comes to cruises. When I took my first cruise, I didnt know about Cruise Critic, and it may not even have existed back then, so I had to learn some things the hard way:o

Dont let some of these responses stop you from posting questions on here. I have found this site more often to be helpful, than otherwise.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.:)

PeggyMc: if someone gives you a bad feeling more than once you can click on "user cp" and then scroll down to "edit ignore list" and add that person. It took me years to utilize that feature. I now have a handful of people on there and it makes things so much brighter. No sense getting slammed for something unfairly- repeatedly. Words can be misconstrued but don't let anyone keep you away from the fun part of talking about cruising.

Back to the subject! I'm awake before the lido gets into full swing and I want my coffee in the room- hello, it's one of the best parts of cruising! So I wait for the knock on the door, envisioning all the whales and dolphins breaching in the water and the interesting cruise ships that must be passing by that I'm missing ;)

I posted questioned answered earlier because I was feeling pretty stupid that I had posted such a dumb question.

I was thinking, of course incorrectly, that the room steward would bring it who enters the room all the time. The information from posters is helpful to us who are not as knowledgeable about things and often feel pretty dumb after posting. My initial plan, I realize now ,would be ridiculous and I'd rather have the information ahead of time.

So a note thanks to those helpful folks.

I suppose I just didn't see how this could be a problem. But, hey, that's okay, you got answers and suggestions...it looks like you're all set.

Don't forget to try the chocolate cake from the room service menu....thick, rich and almost as good as the WCMC.

Thank you, PeggyMc for starting this thread; and thank you, Brenda62 for mentioning the wireless doorbell.

I was only reading this thread out of boredom:o but when I read Brenda62's post about the wireless doorbell, I thought "Brilliant!" I just bought a wireless doorbell on eBay for our upcoming cruise. We'll be in our first VS and I intend to spend a lot of time on that balcony.:D And I hate buffets. So, although RS food is not that great, I'll take it (on my balcony;))over buffet any day.

Now I can sit out there, enjoying the view and wait for the doorbell receiver beside me to chime, announcing my food (and hot water for tea!:D) has arrived.:)

Thank you, PeggyMc for starting this thread; and thank you, Brenda62 for mentioning the wireless doorbell.

I was only reading this thread out of boredom:o but when I read Brenda62's post about the wireless doorbell, I thought "Brilliant!" I just bought a wireless doorbell on eBay for our upcoming cruise. We'll be in our first VS and I intend to spend a lot of time on that balcony.:D And I hate buffets. So, although RS food is not that great, I'll take it (on my balcony;))over buffet any day.

Now I can sit out there, enjoying the view and wait for the doorbell receiver beside me to chime, announcing my food (and hot water for tea!:D) has arrived.:)

Only trouble I can see with the doorbell idea is having teenagers ringing it to be funny. Of course if it could only be placed outside of the door when expecting room service (or turned off) this would minimize that concern.

Edited by sparks1093

Only trouble I can see with the doorbell idea is having teenagers ringing it to be funny. Of course if it could only be placed outside of the door when expecting room service (or turned off) this would minimize that concern.

Yes, that's a good point and it had occurred to me, so like you suggest, I had decided that I'll stick it out on the door frame after making the call to RS each time, and remove it as the delivery person departs. Being all the way aft, we shouldn't have too much teenage traffic going by our door in the little bit of time that it will be out there (assuming, of course, that I actually remember to take it down each time:rolleyes::o).

I'm going to remove the double-stick tape that it comes with and attach a small Neodymium magnet to the back for easy, repeated placement and removal.

Yes, that's a good point and it had occurred to me, so like you suggest, I had decided that I'll stick it out on the door frame after making the call to RS each time, and remove it as the delivery person departs. Being all the way aft, we shouldn't have too much teenage traffic going by our door in the little bit of time that it will be out there (assuming, of course, that I actually remember to take it down each time:rolleyes::o).

I'm going to remove the double-stick tape that it comes with and attach a small Neodymium magnet to the back for easy, repeated placement and removal.

Excellent idea!

Since we're talking room service...does anyone know if you can ask for peanut butter with the breakfast? It's not listed with the condiments, but I would like to know if people have been successful ordering it by writing it in or something. It seems a bit weird that jelly is offered but not peanut butter and both are right next to each other on the lido by the bagels.

I typically don't do room service just because the options aren't there (like peanut butter for instance). But I have gone up early to the Lido and gotten breakfast and brought it back down to my cabin.

I get up early too, but usually just go up at 6-6:30 and grab a cup of coffee up on the lido.

Can always order a whole pizza and it comes in a box and take back to your cabin as well.