Indian Food on Carnival Conquest?

cruiseelady

I am just wondering if anyone been on Carnival Conquest recently and see any Indian food during lunch or dinner at the Buffet or a separate place where they serve Indian food? I know that dinning room during dinner always has vegetarian Indian meals but I am not interested in that.

I have gone on Carnival Splendor and they have a place called Taj Mahal, which was open only for lunch, so I wonder it Carnival Conquest has something like this as well or at least at the buffet?

Its my favorite ethnic cuisine, so I am curious if they have it.

I am just wondering if anyone been on Carnival Conquest recently and see any Indian food during lunch or dinner at the Buffet or a separate place where they serve Indian food? I know that dinning room during dinner always has vegetarian Indian meals but I am not interested in that.

I have gone on Carnival Splendor and they have a place called Taj Mahal, which was open only for lunch, so I wonder it Carnival Conquest has something like this as well or at least at the buffet?

When where you on the Splendor? I thought the Indian eatery was called he tandoori grill? Are there 2 places?

Usually have Indian dinner on the menu in DR. Can be anywhere from very spicy to mild.

Like I said before, I know they have vegetarian meal for dinner every day in the dinning room. That's not what I want, I want meat. So I guess if they don't have a separate place during lunch or in the buffet, I can get the Vegetarian meal the in the dinning room but ask to pair it with some sort of meat like steak or chicken.

When where you on the Splendor? I thought the Indian eatery was called he tandoori grill? Are there 2 places?

I was on Splendor this June, but I could have sworn it was called Taj Mahal, hmmm maybe it was called Tandoori Grill. There was definitely only one Indian place not two.

That's not what I want, I want meat.

Well, you are in luck!

There is indeed an option and I used it recently on the Carnival Valor.

Firstly, Carnival doesn't advertise nor mention 'Tandoor' and 'Fish and Chips'.

'Tandoor' is an Indian buffet eatery on the following ships:

Freedom

Splendor

Dream

Magic

Breeze

Apparently, the Freedom went for the 2.0 upgrade and they replaced Tandoor with Guy's Burgers.

The other option is available on all Carnival ships (as far as I know) and only in the Main Dining Room.

When you first board a Carnival ship, go to the MDR and speak with the Maitre'D or the hostess (we spoke with the hostess).

There is a specialty 'non-vegetarian' Indian menu to which she had access. The menu states Lunch or Dinner; we never dined in the MDR for lunch, so have no idea if it is available for lunch or not.

You have to special order it the previous night, so you won't get it the first night but you can then have it every night thereafter.

Our hostess was so great, she would come to our table every night and show me the selection for the next night and note if I wanted to order it or not.

I ordered it almost every night. And the food was fantastic!

The entree is similar to the vegetarian option on that night, except that one of the vegetarian bowls in the entree is replaced with the meat dish

Tip: you can request them to bring you two bowls of the meat instead of the one, or sub one of the vegetarian bowls with the meat dish.

Check out this link and scroll down.

Here's a link from GoCCL.

Edited by hirent

Well, you are in luck!

There is indeed an option and I used it recently on the Carnival Valor.

Firstly, Carnival doesn't advertise nor mention 'Tandoor' and 'Fish and Chips'.

'Tandoor' is an Indian buffet eatery on the following ships:

Freedom

Splendor

Dream

Magic

Breeze

Apparently, the Freedom went for the 2.0 upgrade and they replaced Tandoor with Guy's Burgers.

The other option is available on all Carnival ships (as far as I know) and only during dinner time in the Main Dining Room.

When you first board a Carnival ship, go to the MDR and speak with the Maitre'D or the hostess (we spoke with the hostess).

There is a specialty 'non-vegetarian' Indian menu to which she had access. You have to special order it the previous night, so you won't get it the first night but you can then have it every night thereafter.

Our hostess was so great, she would come to our table every night and show me the selection for the next night and note if I wanted to order it or not.

I ordered it almost every night. And the food was fantastic!

The entree is similar to the vegetarian option on that night, except that one of the vegetarian bowls in the entree is replaced with the meat dish

Tip: you can request them to bring you two bowls of the meat instead of the one, or sub one of the vegetarian bowls with the meat dish.

Check out this link and scroll down.

Here's a link from GoCCL.

Oh wow, thank you so much, I had no idea about this. Thanks for the links, I will surely be in Indian food heaven! :)

You totally made my day lol

Like I said before, I know they have vegetarian meal for dinner every day in the dinning room. That's not what I want, I want meat. So I guess if they don't have a separate place during lunch or in the buffet, I can get the Vegetarian meal the in the dinning room but ask to pair it with some sort of meat like steak or chicken.

oops missed the meat part. Sorry about that.

Guess the thing to do is a do it your self with a second entre.

Oh wow, thank you so much, I had no idea about this. Thanks for the links, I will surely be in Indian food heaven! :)

You are welcome!

I edited my post to say that it is also available for lunch (we never went to the MDR for lunch so I don't know for sure).

Oh gosh I love Indian food I wonder if I can order it on the Legend for a day or two.

Vegetarian or not I eat it all. :D

You should be able to; both vegetarian & non-vegetarian.

As posted above, the non-veg option has to be ordered 24 hours in advance.

Make sure you check because when we requested the Indian menu it was for the entire time. They didn't want to do it on a per day, "maybe I will maybe I won't" basis. Also the goccl site says to request it up to two weeks before sailing...so plan ahead...on the plus side, it's delicious!

You will be in heaven!! The food is excellent. They always have tandoori chicken and fish and lots of other stuff. Also fresh baked naan bread. Now I am hungry!

You will be in heaven!! The food is excellent. They always have tandoori chicken and fish and lots of other stuff. Also fresh baked naan bread. Now I am hungry!

I think you missed the post and are talking about 'Tandoor'. :)

The post was referring to MDR meals.

Edited by hirent

Make sure you check because when we requested the Indian menu it was for the entire time. They didn't want to do it on a per day, "maybe I will maybe I won't" basis. Also the goccl site says to request it up to two weeks before sailing...so plan ahead...on the plus side, it's delicious!

That's good to know; which ship & itinerary did you sail?

Our Valor trip was in Dec. 2013, so the hostess and dining staff is probably on a different ship by now.

In any case, I used to order the Indian non-veg entree as well as another entree from the menu.

I really pigged out; but hey, I was on vacation.

The first time I ordered two entrees in the MDR my wife looked at me like I was crazy. :D

Edited by hirent

Unfortunately no Tandoor buffet spot (your saying is Taj Mahal) on Conquest. the Dining Room you request it of course on day 1 of cruise. Can't remember the Taste of Nations has an Indian day.

I have heard you can request it in the MDR, they have it in the crew area and the waiter would have to go get it.

I have never actually done this, just heard others say they have.

Did it last week on the Victory... Fabulous!

Oh, no... Much better than that. Call guest services at least two weeks ahead... Specify non-vegetarian.

You will be added to the crew meal rotation. Amazing food!

• 1 month later...