Docking Locations for Oct 11 Star Princess

AhoyMatie

I'm trying to find out where the Star Princess will dock for the October 11 Coastal cruise. The itinerary says it will dock in Long Beach, but someone told me it will really dock in San Pedro. All we want to do at that port is go to the Queen Mary and we want to know if it's walking distance or what kind of transportation we can take.

I'm also wondering about where it will dock in San Diego. All we want to do there is go to the zoo. Since there aren't any excursions we'll be doing it on our own.

Thanks for any help.

I'm trying to find out where the Star Princess will dock for the October 11 Coastal cruise. The itinerary says it will dock in Long Beach, but someone told me it will really dock in San Pedro. All we want to do at that port is go to the Queen Mary and we want to know if it's walking distance or what kind of transportation we can take.

I'm also wondering about where it will dock in San Diego. All we want to do there is go to the zoo. Since there aren't any excursions we'll be doing it on our own.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Looking at your itinerary it shows that you're docking at Long Beach which would be at the Carnival cruise terminal (previously the home of Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose). I've only seen in-transit Princess ships like your itinerary going there instead of to the Port of LA in San Pedro.

The Queen Mary is adjacent to the LB cruise terminal & is a short walk to get there.

Here is a link to a lot of info about where the ship is centrally located in SD & some ideas on things to do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2081912

Checking SD shore excursions for your cruise on the Princess website it shows tours to the SD Zoo & the SD Zoo Safari Park but they're expensive at $99 per person for each one.

Edited by Astro Flyer

San Pedro (World Cruise Center, Port of Los Angeles) is where Princess cruises embark/disembark cruises from Los Angeles. It's not usually used as a "port" on an itinerary.

You cruise embarks/disembarks in San Francisco so the Star Princess will dock in Long Beach as a port on your itinerary. This is why the confusion.

Edited by Pam in CA

We did the coastal earlier this year on the Grand, definately docked in Long Beach. Also Princess did have an excursion to the zoo in San Diego which we took. Also just be aware that everyone has to go thru immigration when you arrive in Long Beach, so people with tours got to go first and then people that just got off the ship to do immigration had to wait until everyone was off the ship and the ship cleared before they could reboard. So do plan someting to do. Some were not prepared for that and were sitting in the terminal quite a while.

Edited by JJ2sail

We did the coastal earlier this year on the Grand, definately docked in Long Beach. Also Princess did have an excursion to the zoo in San Diego which we took. Also just be aware that everyone has to go thru immigration when you arrive in Long Beach, so people with tours got to go first and then people that just got off the ship to do immigration had to wait until everyone was off the ship and the ship cleared before they could reboard. So do plan someting to do. Some were not prepared for that and were sitting in the terminal quite a while.

That's only because you went to Ensenada first, it may not be the case for the OP.