What do you do on your balcony ?

Adayatatime

What do you love about your balcony in your cabin? When do you most appreciate it?

Or have you had a balcony in the past and "downgraded" in price to spend the extra on other things?

Sun and quiet time.

Breakfast outside is really nice.

We eat breakfast as often as the weather allows on the balcony for all our on cruises. But we once got upgraded to a Princess suite and had a room service breakfast on the balcony before disembarking the last day. That was very nice.

Burt

Our first cruise was an inside cabin. By chance, for our second cruise, we got a great deal on a balcony. Now, I can honestly say that we have never gone back to an inside cabin! Balconies are the way to go! We love just lounging on our own space, especially when securing lounge chairs by the pool can be such a crap shoot. I agree with everyone about coffee and snacks/meal on the balcony also. I love early mornings watching the sunrise, or relaxing in the sea air with a good book. We spend the majority outside of our room when we cruise, but it's still nice to have the option of sleeping with the balcony door open to feel the gentle breeze.

One thing I'd recommend is asking your agent or cruise rep which side the ship docks on when visiting the islands, etc. We always ask to stay in a cabin that's facing the dockyard, because we love to people watch.