In Nassau, is there a Hotel property we can spend the day at?

MikeACY

We will be in Nassau from 9am until 3pm.

Wondering if there was a hotel where we can spend the day at (for a charge of course) where we can utilize their facilities.

OR maybe is there an "all inclusive" where we can go for the day?

Thanks

Mike

We will be in Nassau from 9am until 3pm.

Wondering if there was a hotel where we can spend the day at (for a charge of course) where we can utilize their facilities.

OR maybe is there an "all inclusive" where we can go for the day?

Thanks

Mike

There are a few threads with more detail on here.... There is the Melia, Atlantis, British Colonial Hilton, Breezes (14+), and Riu. The Riu has an all inclusive option. I think Breezes and Melia offer all inclusive as well.

If u don't want to go where there's kids go to Breezes. 14 and up. All inclusive for $65. My two sisters and their bfs are going to go there when we port. The rest of us are going to Melia bc it's only $30 but not all inclusive. We have kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If u don't want to go where there's kids go to Breezes. 14 and up. All inclusive for $65. My two sisters and their bfs are going to go there when we port. The rest of us are going to Melia bc it's only $30 but not all inclusive. We have kids.

Is that the only all inclusive option? We do have one 11 year old.

Thanks

Mike

Is that the only all inclusive option? We do have one 11 year old.

Thanks

Mike

The only all-inclusive hotel that accepts children is the RIU. It costs $75 a person ($50 for an 11-year-old) if you book in advance, so it doesn't seem like it would be worth it for such a short time frame.

Melia isn't technically an all-inclusive but they do offer an all-inclusive day pass. I can't remember the exact price but I believe it was $70 or $75. Or you can pay $30 to just use the facilities (pool, beach, watersports, towels but no food and drinks). That might be your best bet with your hours in port. It's a nice property.

We enjoy the Melia as it has big pools, a good beach, and lots of amenities.

Check out the website for photos.

How far is Melia from the cruise port?

Of all the properties suggested, which would be the closest to allow us the most time?

Thanks again everyone!

Mike

The only all-inclusive hotel that accepts children is the RIU. It costs $75 a person ($50 for an 11-year-old) if you book in advance, so it doesn't seem like it would be worth it for such a short time frame.

Melia isn't technically an all-inclusive but they do offer an all-inclusive day pass. I can't remember the exact price but I believe it was $70 or $75. Or you can pay $30 to just use the facilities (pool, beach, watersports, towels but no food and drinks). That might be your best bet with your hours in port. It's a nice property.

Are you saying that Melia is an adult only? Or just saying that it's not really an "all-inclusive"?

Are you saying that Melia is an adult only? Or just saying that it's not really an "all-inclusive"?

Melia is not a totally all-inclusive property, but they do offer a day pass that includes food and drinks.

It is not adults-only.

We chose Melia bc it's in our budget and our kids can go. Beautiful property too. We will be in Nassau all day. 8-5 so we are getting up early and eating a big breakfast before we leave the ship. We can go to the hotel early bc they start selling the wristbands at 9 where Breezes the all inclusive resort for ages 14-up doesn't start selling till 10.

We chose Melia bc it's in our budget and our kids can go. Beautiful property too. We will be in Nassau all day. 8-5 so we are getting up early and eating a big breakfast before we leave the ship. We can go to the hotel early bc they start selling the wristbands at 9 where Breezes the all inclusive resort for ages 14-up doesn't start selling till 10.

A few more questions...

Was the Melia once called the Sheraton?

Is there a limit on day passes for purchase? (is it best to purchase in advance?)

Also, if we take the #10 Jitney, are the Jitney's at the cruise pier or do we have to pick them up in town?

Thanks

Mike

A few more questions...

Is there a limit on day passes for purchase? (is it best to purchase in advance?)

Also, if we take the #10 Jitney, are the Jitney's at the cruise pier or do we have to pick them up in town?

Thanks

Mike

Ok from what I was told and read it used to be Sheraton. I don't think there is a limit on passes, but I read that u should get there early. They start selling at 9am. As for the jitney it seems east enuf to get to. Let me find where someone wrote how to get to it and post it.

A few more questions...

Thanks

Mike

Yes, Melia used to be Sheraton.

As far as I know, you can't get day passes in advance. They probably do limit day passes during peak season but this is slow season so if you're going anytime soon, I wouldn't worry too much. We were there at the end of September and didn't have any problem getting passes at 12:30 in the afternoon.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Is there a way to book this in advance or do you just go to the property and get an all inclusive day pass there? What does "all inclusive" get you?