Divinia Yacht Club Cabin Assistance Please - YC1

JFontaine

Hi. A charter that I am interested in will open for booking in a few days, and I would like to be ready with cabin choices. I expect that some cabins will have been pre-booked by insiders.

Looking at YC 1, could folks please give me their opinions on what to grab? I will try for 15028 first. After that, some questions:

1. In 15030 in the cabin door in the elevator lobby, or is the cabin door closer to 15028?

2. Is smoke an issue when using the balcony from people at the pool on the port side?

3. Scraping of chairs an issue in deck 16 cabins? Or other noise from above?

4. Is noise and issue in cabins near the YC bar on 15?

Any other tips that you could give me on cabin selection would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi. A charter that I am interested in will open for booking in a few days, and I would like to be ready with cabin choices. I expect that some cabins will have been pre-booked by insiders.

Looking at YC 1, could folks please give me their opinions on what to grab? I will try for 15028 first. After that, some questions:

1. In 15030 in the cabin door in the elevator lobby, or is the cabin door closer to 15028?

2. Is smoke an issue when using the balcony from people at the pool on the port side?

Any other tips that you could give me on cabin selection would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1. We stay in the Yacht Club, but on deck 16. Skier would be your best bet to answer that question for you.

2. We used our balcony(16009) all the time and never smelled any cigarette smoke at all.

3. We never heard any noise,,not even from the cabins next to us,,,

4. If you mean the Top Sail Lounge, I would like to say no,,but not having stayed on deck 15 I can't be 100% sure.

1. No, with cabin #15030 the cabin door is just inside the private entrance to YC. We stayed in 15031 and heard no noise from the entry door. Only once rather late, did we hear voices as they entered the YC area.

4. We have stayed in 15016 and there was no noise from the YC bar.

Thanks to you both.

Cruisergal - did the wider cabin of 15031 make much of a difference to you over 15016? Given a choice, which layout would you prefer?

Thanks again.

I would book the wider cabin over the others if available. They are becoming harder to book as the word has gotten out about the difference in overall space. Remember there are also 4 of the wider cabins on deck 16. The regular YC cabins are about the size of a standard balcony cabin but remember all the inclusive things that make it so worth staying in the YC. The YC experience has truly spoiled us.

Edited by Cruisergal1208

1) the YC is seperated from the lift lobby by card access doors so noise from the lifts is not an issue

You'll be fortunate indeed if you get 15028, or any of the other Square YC 1 cabins as they now tend to hold them for "families " of three or four.

The door into YC from the lifts

P1020877.jpg

2) Smoke was not an issue at all when i was on the port side

3) I have no experience of deck 16 cabins so am unable to naswer about noise from above

4) noise from the topsail lounge was never an issue, in fact noise was nver an issue anywhere in the YC

Pete

ps other tips:- just relax and enjoy the experience

I recently had a deck 16 cabin on the Preziosa, sister ship to the Divina. I heard them putting out the deck chairs every morning around 5:30am. However I am a light sleeper.

I also wonder if part of the issue is that we booked an odd number cabin (16029) which has deck chairs directly above. I don't think the even numbered ones, especially the higher numbered) have deck chairs as its where the buffet/bar area and the external entry to the Yacht Club is.

Bottom line is if you are a light sleeper then deck 15 might be a better option for you. However, despite the deck chair noise, I loved our cabin as it was about 2m from the steps up to the pool deck and I got to swish up and down the swarovski staircase for the whole trip.

I did notice that on the Preziosa, most passengers exited the Yacht Club via the passage way with the even numbered cabins on deck 15. It got busy when there were excursions departing. So perhaps that may be an issue?

I consider myself an 'expert' on 15028 as we just stayed in that cabin in March and will be staying again in that same cabin September 20. It was the most AMAZING cabin I have ever stayed in! As others have stated, it is much bigger than the other standard YC cabins. We were a family of three (myself, 21 year old DD and 1 year old DGS) and there was lots of room for two strollers, a crib, and all of our baby things. The balcony was also larger and the baby played out there for hours on end every day. I am a horribly light sleeper and I have never slept better on a cruise! (30+ cruises) It was dead quiet...no noise from either side, above, or below. No smoky smell whatsoever on the balcony. No noise whatsoever from the Topsail Bar as 15028 is at the other end of the hallway. We are totally, undeniably spoiled by YC and will continue to sail Divina for many years to come! Please feel free to ask any other questions...

No. It's in the YC corridor behind the sliding door that leads to the elevator lobby.

No.

Can be sometimes (a little) - nothig major IMO.

No.

Wider cabins are incomparably better. It's like a different class of cabins which in fact they are.

My first choice would be 16035 or 16034 d/t the largest balconies.

• 2 weeks later...

Original poster here, back with my results.

I stayed up until midnight the day the cruise was advertised to go on sale - nothing. Woke up a few times during the night (slept with my IPAD!), still nothing, and was about to head out the door Saturday morning when I noticed the site had just changed, and if I kept clicking through the website, cabins had been loaded into the site. And there was 15028 - still available - and mine! Since then the website has been updated, and most of the square shaped cabins are gone.

Thank you all for your help - it is much appreciated. Looking forward to this cruise so much that I might sneak one in before it. Thanks again.

Edited by JFontaine

Cruisetrail: "Wider cabins are incomparably better. It's like a different class of cabins which in fact they are.

My first choice would be 16035 or 16034 d/t the largest balconies."

WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!! I have 16035

:D:D:D:D

Curious about 16034 and 16035. The balconies appear, on my deck plan, to wrap around the length of the cabin. Is that the case - and what is the view from the side? Is the side wide enough to be useable? Thanks very much.