Do "Suite" Passengers Get Real Luggage Tags?

dongordon

I 've got a suite for my upcoming Anniversary Panama Canal Cruise and wondering if I get the real luggage tags or is it still the "Do it Yourself" tags for this cruise? :D

Either way, its OK with me! (Just Wondering) :D

Don

I 've got a suite for my upcoming Anniversary Panama Canal Cruise and wondering if I get the real luggage tags or is it still the "Do it Yourself" tags for this cruise? :D

Either way, its OK with me! (Just Wondering) :D

Don

Unless something has changed very recently, if your in a full suite, yes.

Edited by emcelh

Yes, if your cabin category starts with an H or an S, you should receive a brief letter and luggage tags in the mail somewhere around 30-45 days prior to your cruise. There are reports of this not happening with late bookings, upgrades, or other issues but in most cases, yes, you'll receive tags in the mail. Enjoy!

Yes, if your cabin category starts with an H or an S, you should receive a brief letter and luggage tags in the mail somewhere around 30-45 days prior to your cruise. There are reports of this not happening with late bookings, upgrades, or other issues but in most cases, yes, you'll receive tags in the mail. Enjoy!

That is not always the case - I have had a Haven suite a couple of times during the last couple of years, and I still had to print my luggage tags myself. I do believe that the welcome letter with luggage tags is only the case for suite passengers with an US mailing address. I book all my cruises with my PCC who is based in the US, but I live in Europe, and I always have to print my own luggage tags no matter what type of cabin or suite I am in. And I also believe that NCL Europe do NOT send out luggage tags at all - also not for H or S suites.

Edited by TrumpyNor

That is not always the case - I have had a Haven suite a couple of times during the last couple of years, and I still had to print my luggage tags myself. I do believe that the welcome letter with luggage tags is only the case for suite passengers with an US mailing address. I book all my cruises with my PCC who is based in the US, but I live in Europe, and I always have to print my own luggage tags no matter what type of cabin or suite I am in. And I also believe that NCL Europe do NOT send out luggage tags at all - also not for H or S suites.

Ahhhhh! That's a good point. My info would only be relevant for passengers with US mailing addresses. Clearly if you're outside the US, your mileage may vary!

Lol, that made me giggle as I have just printed off our luggage labels....we're NOT in a suite.........and I have to say NCL......COULD DO BETTER!! ;)

NCL used to do better...

When we did our first cruise on the Pearl in March 2011 we received our NCL luggage tags in the mail (Canadian Resident). I honestly don't remember if we received luggage tags for our second cruise in the fall of the same year. At some point NCL USED to send tags for all category cabins I beleive. Like everything else with NCL (or any other company) things are bound to change over time.

NCL used to do better...

When we did our first cruise on the Pearl in March 2011 we received our NCL luggage tags in the mail (Canadian Resident). I honestly don't remember if we received luggage tags for our second cruise in the fall of the same year. At some point NCL USED to send tags for all category cabins I beleive. Like everything else with NCL (or any other company) things are bound to change over time.

Yes, NCL used to send luggage tags, a paper ticket, a booklet of shore excursions, and I think a booklet of things to know about cruising.

Most cruise lines did it. And sometimes the stuff came in a nifty reusable document holder.

Those were the good old days... :(

Now it's all DIY.

Ahhhhh! That's a good point. My info would only be relevant for passengers with US mailing addresses. Clearly if you're outside the US, your mileage may vary!

I'm not in the US, and mine arrived TODAY!!!!! :)

Pretty blue colour.

By "real" luggage tags, they are the same as what you would print , but on a slightly heavier paper with adhesive. Nothing to write home about.

The luggage tags that NCL sends for suite guests are a little different than the ones that are in the E-Docs. They have your name and room number, and of course they say "Priority" on them. :rolleyes:

I got them for my May cruise, but only after I called to make dinner reservations. For both of my cruises in a suite, someone forgot to generate the letter, which includes the luggage tags. So, if you don't get them, within a reasonable time, before you sail, give the pre-concierge a call.

I live in Europe too and mine arrived in the post with a letter no problem :)

The luggage tags that NCL sends for suite guests are a little different than the ones that are in the E-Docs. They have your name and room number, and of course they say "Priority" on them. :rolleyes:

Oh, geeze. All luggage tags have your room number on them. Yes, it also says "priority." In my mind a real luggage tag would be a keepsake of some sort, not a paper tag. Are they marked differently? Sure. But they aren't anything special. If mine hadn't come in the mail, it wouldn't be any loss.

Last cruise we were in a suite, got the luggage tags with "priority" on them and luggage wasn't delivered until 9:30 P.M. after haunting the Guest Services desk so much we became great friends with one of the reps. Our room steward finally found them just sitting in a storage area. :confused:

This cruise, in less than 30 days, we haven't even gotten luggage tags yet, and yes we are in a suite. :eek:

I was told this Monday that luggage tags do not get mailed out unless you actually complete docs on line! It is that address they use to mail your luggage tags! I then promptly completed everything. Now waiting to see if they show up in the mail! Just under 30 days to go. I also requested a preconxierge letter by email. Still do not have that!

I'm in Canada and for past 3 years stayed in the Haven and always received my luggage tags

I was told this Monday that luggage tags do not get mailed out unless you actually complete docs on line! It is that address they use to mail your luggage tags! I then promptly completed everything. Now waiting to see if they show up in the mail! Just under 30 days to go. I also requested a preconxierge letter by email. Still do not have that!

We booked just over a month prior to sailing; completed doc requirements online soon after. We received our priority luggage tags about 3 weeks prior to sailing.