Medical bag?

rcandkc

Hi, I haven't seen this listed, so thought I would share. An additional item I take is an Ace bandage. A few years ago, I twisted my ankle (not horribly, but enough that I needed support). I sent my husband out (forget what foreign country it was) to find me an Ace bandage. It took a while and a lot of perseverance and sign language, but he finally was successful. So, now, since we tend to do more active excursions, I pack one in my medical kit.

I take one of these as well. Great suggestion

But be careful taking something like that to some countries, even with a prescription. Like Singapore.

We have been to Singapore 5 times without a problem. What I am very careful about is Dubai. If you want to take one of the prescriptions on the following list into Dubai the prescription(s) must be "issued by licensed doctors, attested by a notary public, and, in the case of U.S. citizens, duly authenticated by both the secretary of state of one’s U.S. state, and finally also authenticated by the Secretary of State of the U.S. Government in Washington, D.C." Good luck!

http://www.uaeinteract.com/travel/drug.asp

Edited by Travelcat2

We have been to Singapore 5 times without a problem. What I am very careful about is Dubai. If you want to take one of the prescriptions on the following list into Dubai the prescription(s) must be "issued by licensed doctors, attested by a notary public, and, in the case of U.S. citizens, duly authenticated by both the secretary of state of one’s U.S. state, and finally also authenticated by the Secretary of State of the U.S. Government in Washington, D.C." Good luck!

http://www.uaeinteract.com/travel/drug.asp

The best way is to keep your prescriptions safely on the ship. No one will know.

The best way is to keep your prescriptions safely on the ship. No one will know.

If you are embark or disembark in Dubai, you need to go through the airport. While I have not had difficulty there, it is better to be aware of their requirements. Also, these are UAE regulations -- not only Dubai!