Why not make E-Ticket print on ONE PAGE

Medtech2

It's an HP. Not sure of model. When I clicked the link to print on the edocs it brought up the print box. I went through every setting and nowhere on there did it give me the option. Perhaps if I had gone in from the start menu, chose printers and faxes and changed my settings that way, it would have been there. Not sure. All I know is that printing directly from the edoc it didn't give the option. No biggie. I got it printed the way I wanted. ;)

When you are on ncl.com and hve the eDocs opened, Click File - Print Preview. Set the scaling to 90%. Then click print.

Sure wish I'd seen this thread before I printed my edocs just now. First I printed out 3 luggage tags from my iPad. Each luggage tag took 2 pages - first page was a blank luggage tag. Second page had the folding and cabin info. What the heck? So those 6 pages go in recycling.

Then I try to print my edocs but the iPad doesn't let me choose just the first 3 pages (and if you know how to select partial pages I'd be happy to hear it). I'll be darned if I'm going to print out all 8 pages so I dug out the laptop and printed from there.

So, it was an eventful few minutes but now the paperwork's done and we're ready to cruise! Yay!!!

I admit, I skipped right past this thread when I first saw it.....but then I went to print out our documents this morning and there they were -- all 9 pages -- with plenty of blank space, AND the barcode separate from the rest of the ticket!

Good point made by the OP!

By the time I added in 4 luggage tags, the amenities page, and booked dining and entertainment pages, I had quite the stack there!

I read other folks' suggestions, but have to admit, as savvy a user as I think I am, I could not get

to the options to "shrink to fit" or adjust to a certain percentage.

They are there every other time i print something, but just were not there on the cruise documents!

Plus....for those who may be OCD, that little bar code all alone on its own page, away form the document it goes with, can be anxiety-inducing! HAHA!

Oh well, if it's 16 pages they want, I'll have them for them at check-in!

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN

What printer do you have? I have yet to see one that does not have that feature in the print options.

Mine wouldn't give me that option either. I have done shrink to fit on other things so I know it is there. But, would not give me the option on this

......As far as having the Docs in hand, if you want to cruise out of Charleston you cannot even approach the parking or drop off areas without showing them to security.

We sailed into Charleston once on Seabourn. They take security there VERY serious. Almost to the point of being a joke.

As to showing docs at any port - the reality is you could print up just about anything to show them. What a joke. I guess if they are just trying to slow down the family trying to follow along to say goodbye, that part works.

Mine wouldn't give me that option either. I have done shrink to fit on other things so I know it is there. But, would not give me the option on this

Once again... When you are on ncl.com and hve the eDocs opened, Click File - Print Preview. Set the scaling to 90% (if 90% does not work try 80%). Then click print.

Yes! Spend thousands of dollars for a cruise then have to spend 3 cents more for a piece of paper. Outlandish!

Which post in this thread complained about having to "spend 3 cents more for a piece of paper"?

The only postings I could find complained about how inefficient and irritating it was to print out unneeded pages or trying to figure out how to condense the eDocs on their printers.

Several good suggestions but each printer software &/or browser has a different user interface (some simpler than others). And while some suggest its a simple DIY fix, I think the OP is hoping that ncl would just fix it so that hundreds of thousands of people wouldn't have to DIY.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which post in this thread complained about having to "spend 3 cents more for a piece of paper"?

The only postings I could find complained about how inefficient and irritating it was to print out unneeded pages or trying to figure out how to condense the eDocs on their printers.

Go back and reread post Number 1 where it states it "wastes my paper". unless they are talking about the environmental impact. That's about 3 cents.

The window my computer brings it up in does not have "file" at the top. I'm sure sprint180 had the same issue as me and I'm also sure we aren't the only ones.

You either have menus turned off in your browser or you are using one of the non-standard browser such as Chrome. If it is the former you can normally turn the menu bar back on like it should be. If it is the latter you are basically SOL since you are using a browser that not comply to web standards."File" is the most common and normally the first menu option in any windows application.

H8VqAzS19JSlQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==