New to cruising, a few questions....

BLTtinkerbell

Hello, I have been a lurker for a few weeks while planning my first cruise. I have been to WDW many times, but never on a Disney cruise or any cruise for that matter. I have booked a cruise on the Dream for next year and want to make sure I know everything I can before we go.

I have read about disembarkation day. Someone called it "devastation day" :) If I am reading correctly, You must be out of your stateroom by 8:00 am and off the ship by 9:00 am. Also if you have main dining, your breakfast will be around 6:45 am or you can go to Cabana's. Also read you can order stuff from room service to save for last day, as there is NO room service on last day unless you are staying CL.

I want to make sure this is all correct so I can plan for car service pick up time accordingly. My options are 8:00 am or 9:00 am with the company I am using.

Thanks

Hello, I have been a lurker for a few weeks while planning my first cruise. I have been to WDW many times, but never on a Disney cruise or any cruise for that matter. I have booked a cruise on the Dream for next year and want to make sure I know everything I can before we go.

I have read about disembarkation day. Someone called it "devastation day" :) If I am reading correctly, You must be out of your stateroom by 8:00 am and off the ship by 9:00 am. Also if you have main dining, your breakfast will be around 6:45 am or you can go to Cabana's. Also read you can order stuff from room service to save for last day, as there is NO room service on last day unless you are staying CL.

I want to make sure this is all correct so I can plan for car service pick up time accordingly. My options are 8:00 am or 9:00 am with the company I am using.

Thanks

It seems that you learned well during your lurking. You've got it right.

Yes, you are correct. What time to pick you up depends on where you are going after the cruise and how much of a hurry you are in.

If you have a noon flight out of MCO, arrange pick up for 9. If you want to get to WDW and to a park, earlier is probably better. Remember that you will want to leave the ship 20-30 minutes before you pick up time. You need time to claim your luggage in the terminal (if you used this system) and time to go thru Customs before you can meet your driver.

As 9:00 approaches, the Customs line seems to lengthen.

You could order BLT sandwiches before the cut off on the last night and store them in the Stateroom refrigerator, also get milk and cereal the day before and keep them in there as well if you don't wish to get up so early, leave and eat at the airport proper?

Those of you in the know, are uncrustables still available via room service?

ex techie

If you have main seating at dinner but don't want the early breakfast (no need for early departure), talk to your head server. There is an excellent chance that he can offer you a place to sit at the later time although it probably won't be with your serving team.

There are always people who need to shift--people with the late time but an early flight or onboard airline check in, or who just want to be off the ship early to get to the parks...and there are always people who don't want to be up that early. What NOT to do--just show up at the opposite time. The head servers will TRY to take care of you, but you just really made their lives difficult. Another thing--that last day breakfast is on a really tight schedule for the staff. DO show up on time.