Photo review Nieuw Amsterdam 24-n Med cruise July 11 2014

Laurino

Thank you! I'm glad to help. I hope you'll have a great cruise, 33 days is a long time, you'll get to see most of the Mediterranean! I see Valletta is on your cruise, that's perhaps the only port we felt 'we missed'. Zuiderdam was our first HAL ship.

A fabulous review and wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all for your kind replies.

If I may ask, what type of camera did you use?

I used the 'enthusiast compact camera' Canon Powershot S100. I just recently switched to the 'bridge camera' Panasonic DMC-FZ1000, mainly to get better video quality and more zoom. The Canon was quite sufficient for still photos. I'm looking forward to bringing the new Panasonic to the next cruise.

Probably 5 best cruise ships afloat (after The Queen of All Ships - RMS Queen Mary 2 ocean liner):

2. Queen Elizabeth

3-5. Eurodam & Nieuw Amsterdam and Allure OTS & Oasis OTS

Just a note. The Queen Elizabeth is not a Signature Class ship (a sophisticated derivative of the Vista class platform).

This Queen is also a derivative of the Vista clas but the most distant relative with lengthened and strengthened hull, significantly redesigned public rooms and open decks.

Yes it's a bit confusing. For instance, when reading on Wikipedia, they sometimes refer to QE as a Vista, Signature, Spirit or even Spirit/Vista hybrid. BTW don't you like Queen Victoria? Is she much different from QE?

Hi Guys! What a very nice review, thank you very much!

In May we have done the first 12 days of your cruise and starting Wednesday we will continue :eek: the following 12 days!

I can not wait and I also included some of your tips in our cruise planner.

Thank you and again our very best compliments. :)

Thanks for taking the time to post your awesome review and pictures (even including links to other reviews). We will be doing the reverse of your 2nd leg-Barcelona to Venice- in April so really appreciate your tips regarding that segment. In addition to visiting some ports new to us, it was fun to revisit those we saw on previous cruises that we will miss on this one. Thanks again.

Thank you so much for your detailed review. We are doing a 22 day Mediterranean Dream on Zuiderdam next July so we're very interested in many of the ports you visited. The photos were a wonderful help in visualizing what we have in store. I plan to read your review again and may send some questions. Again, well done and glad you had such an amazing cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just found your review as we've started thinking about taking this cruise or a similar one on the Zuiderdam in 2016. Thanks to you, I'm now sold on it. Just have to wait for the 2016 itineraries to come out. Your photos are fantastic and thanks for all the useful information. I've taken a page of notes for future reference. Next I'm going to watch your movie. Many thanks again!:)

I've just found your review as we've started thinking about taking this cruise or a similar one on the Zuiderdam in 2016. Thanks to you, I'm now sold on it. Just have to wait for the 2016 itineraries to come out. Your photos are fantastic and thanks for all the useful information. I've taken a page of notes for future reference. Next I'm going to watch your movie. Many thanks again!:)

Thank you, glad to help! Zuiderdam was our first cruise ship. :)