"Transfer" of Gold Benefits

T5LHR

In the UK, with Cunard, I am Cunard World Club Gold.

My upcoming trip was booked through a US agent, and my Cunard World Club number can not be associated with the booking.

Does anyone have any idea who may be able to cross reference the booking with the status level? Or something?

Or do I have to create a duplicate account in the US and then get them to transfer/copy my voyage history to the duplicate account?

Thanks.

T5

:)

You have to run with two club numbers and have them matched up periodically. The cruise sales team can do it on board but you have to have completed a voyage before it can be matched. The world club team in Southampton are also able to assist.

If you can obtain your US number in advance the world club team should be able to match up your history now. Otherwise on your next voyage take your red stripe card to the cruise sales office with your UK number and ask them to update your US one with your completed cruises. Once this is done the purser can issue you with a gold stripe card and your club benefits become available.

M-AR

Edited by Mid-Atlantic Ridge

In the UK, with Cunard, I am Cunard World Club Gold.

My upcoming trip was booked through a US agent, and my Cunard World Club number can not be associated with the booking.

Does anyone have any idea who may be able to cross reference the booking with the status level? Or something?

Or do I have to create a duplicate account in the US and then get them to transfer/copy my voyage history to the duplicate account?

Thanks.

T5

:)

I had this issue a few years back. I just called the Cunard Southampton office prior to the voyage and they changed my CWC number on the booking over the phone. On the voyage personaliser, my correct level was then shown and I had no further issues.

Thanks for the info…

I never got anything when I turned Gold, card or pin or anything… So I don't have any card to show anyone etc…

I will call the team in Southampton and ask them to help.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info…

I never got anything when I turned Gold, card or pin or anything… So I don't have any card to show anyone etc…

Thanks again.

If you still have a booking confirmation from your previous cruise, it should show your CWC number. Also when you log onto the Cunard site you should be able to access your voyage history. The number should be enough. Might be worth mentioning you didn't receive a pin though.

Thanks for the info…

Thanks again.

You won't receive your gold pin until you're on your third cruise. It will probably be delivered to your cabin on the second or third day.

Here's the link to the WC sign-in

http://www.cunard.co.uk/already-booked/cunard-world-club/sign-in/

Thans for the info… I can access my CWC page and history no problem, so that is all good…

I am not overly bothered about the pin, although it would be quite nice to wear it on one of the formal nights, so I don't feel such an amateur around our dinner table… :D

Thanks again for the info.

You can have mine, its somewhere in the bottom of my sock draw I'll dig it out...

Ha… :) If it has been in with your socks and smalls, I will wait to get my own thanks… :D

I am not overly bothered about the pin, although it would be quite nice to wear it on one of the formal nights, so I don't feel such an amateur around our dinner table…
Hi T5LHR,

I overheard a conversation (it was hard not to, the "lady" would have louder than QM2's whistle) in the Queens Room during a cocktail party in May. She was snobbishly explaining what the pins (that some were wearing) meant to another lady. "Those are for the top sailors... that one over there is for people who have done just a few cruises... and those gold ones are given out to almost everyone it seems these days. Of course, if you've one of the proper ones, the old style, then the officers and senior passengers know you're a true Cunarder. These silly flag things they give out nowadays are faux and imposters, they don't mean anything... ". So to some it seems, there is snobbery ranking even in pins... you couldn't make it up...

I see you are not worried about the pin, good. I'm not sure where my latest one is, I've only worn mine on arrival at the terminal, so I get directed to the right place, then I take it off and put in a pocket. That's prob. where it is now!

Happy sailings :) .

Edited by pepperrn

Hi T5LHR,

I overheard a conversation (it was hard not to, the "lady" would have louder than QM2's whistle) in the Queens Room during a cocktail party in May. She was snobbishly explaining what the pins (that some were wearing) meant to another lady. "Those are for the top sailors... that one over there is for people who have done just a few cruises... and those gold ones are given out to almost everyone it seems these days. Of course, if you've one of the proper ones, the old style, then the officers and senior passengers know you're a true Cunarder. These silly flag things they give out nowadays are faux and imposters, they don't mean anything... ". So to some it seems, there is snobbery ranking even in pins... you couldn't make it up...

I see you are not worried about the pin, good. I'm not sure where my latest one is, I've only worn mine on arrival at the terminal, so I get directed to the right place, then I take it off and put in a pocket. That's prob. where it is now!

Happy sailings :) .

Thanks Pepper Grinder… :)

I am sailing, and seated with, at least one very very well sailed chap, who makes a living out of Cunard and White Star Line items and furniture, so I need to "look the part" at least once.. :D

I am very much looking forward to getting back onboard Mary.

Just to put an ending update to this…

I spoke to an absolutely lovely lady in the UK today, I would like to say at the Southampton call centre, but it sounded far too quiet and sounded like she was in her living room (maybe they use homeworkers…?), and she was absolutely great.

Said she understood what was needed, she located my US number which had been automatically generated on the booking and took my UK details and and confirmed them all, then said she will call the CWC team and have them "merge" the benefits and history on the accounts and get them linked together.

All very quick, easy and painless!