Celebrity millennium not sure

helvic

Thinking of doing the Far East in 2016, we have done Singapore to Hong Kong and now want to go on up to china and japan. We have read the reviews and they are very mixed, I know it is an older ship but celebrity allways seems to get good reviews.:confused.

The Millennium was my first Celebrity ship on 2007 and I loved her. I'm reading the reviews too but she will do a very interesting cruise to me for the 2016 and if you check on my signature I already booked it without any hesitation!

Edited by portofrome

We were concerned sfter reading the poor reviews prior to our Singapore-Hong Kong cruise on Millenium last year. Yes, it's showing its age and looking tatty especially the outside decks, but we really enjoyed the ship. To make matters worse we were on code red for norovirus the whole cruise, but the only real impact for us was the lack of self-service in the buffet which slowed things down tremendously as there were queues at each station (one bonus was that I ate less as I didn't want my food to get cold waiting to add something to my plate!) The only part of the ship I didn't care for was the spread out design of the buffet. Apart from that I actually prefer the older ship to the new Soltice class as it has more atmosphere imho

We have been on the millennium twice. Our last trip, two years ago , was the Gems of Indonesian. It is not our favorite ship at all. It is as described by another poster, tatty and worn. However, we had a fantastic trip. If our choice was celebrity millennium, or another cruise line, we wouldn't hesitate booking the millennium.

We have been on the millennium twice. Our last trip, two years ago , was the Gems of Indonesian. It is not our favorite ship at all. It is as described by another poster, tatty and worn. However, we had a fantastic trip. If our choice was celebrity millennium, or another cruise line, we wouldn't hesitate booking the millennium.

I think "tatty and worn" is a bit of an exaggeration. It's a hotel....a brand new hotel is just different than one that's a few years old. Some just like brand new everything....some like a bit of charm.

IMHO you should not be worried about such negative reviews - we loved her sister Summit and have booked Millennium for Alaska in Aug 2015, so I think, if we like Summit we also should like Millennium.

Maybe on the Asia cruises there were some nitpicky complainers.

But there are certain mixed reviews of Asia cruises, no matter which company.

I love the S class ships. I have been on the Millenium and it was my least favorite cruise. Our cabin was old and musty. The drapes were extremely dusty. I broke out in a whole body rash with blisters (swimming pool? Ships Dr did not know. Have never had a rash like that before or since.) That said, I thought the dining room food and the staff were excellent. But I would not go on the Millenium again.

I think "tatty and worn" is a bit of an exaggeration. It's a hotel....a brand new hotel is just different than one that's a few years old. Some just like brand new everything....some like a bit of charm.

Agree. On Yokohama to Vancouver sailing in May I found the physical appearance ship to be fine. Public areas have been maintained exceptionally well. Pool deck and jogging track are worn with age but doesn't detract from the overall condition of the ship. The selling point for the Millennium for me is the service and the quality of the food. I also like the Rendezvous Lounge. It's a much better dancing venue than the reception area on the "S" class ships.