Seven year old in Carnival dining room- what to wear?

MaiTaiMary

My girls are going to wear sundresses in the dining room in evening. My son is seven years old. I have no idea what he should wear. :confused:

We usually dress on the casual side, but I don't want him to be dressed inappropriately.

What type of clothes should he wear on "regular" nights and on "elegant" night?

Thanks. :)

Cruise Elegant nights he should wear long pants and a nice shirt. Other nights he should wear something clean.

He can wear shorts on regular nights and they prefer no one wear nylon sports shorts.

For breakfast and lunch as long as he is clean he can go to the MDR. Seen many men and boys wear (dry) swim trunks and tshirts at breakfast and lunch.

My girls are going to wear sundresses in the dining room in evening. My son is seven years old. I have no idea what he should wear. :confused:

We usually dress on the casual side, but I don't want him to be dressed inappropriately.

Bring sweaters for the girls if they wear sundresses. It gets very cool in the MDR and theater. As for your son, I'd suggest chinos for regular nights, dark pants and a nice shirt for elegant nights.

This is how he likes to dress. Is this OK for "regular" dining nights? Whatever we have to buy would most likely just be worn on the cruise and nowhere else. I don't want him to be dressed inappropriately, but nor do I want to go broke buying clothes he will never wear again.

2025558_701.jpg

2013943_SG.jpg

or

2008354_511.jpg

Or would you suggest "no shorts"? If so, that's fine. Just trying to figure out what we still need.

Thanks.

(eta: pay no attention to the clothes matching. LOL Just grabbing a few random samples of style. ;) )

I think following general dress guidelines is fine. No one is going to be critical of a 7 yr old in clean shorts and t shirt on casual nights. Or even jeans if that is his preference. My 6 yr old grandson wore dress pants, shirt, sweater vest, and even a tie on elegant night. We bought the outfit at Wally World. He did not need an entire suit. He was well behaved and that is what people will notice. ;) Little boys are just so handsome when they are dressed up! :)

This is before he put on his tie.

IMG_4323.jpg.62d5a9589cc33e7ace0897fbd633d630.jpg

This is how he likes to dress. Is this OK for "regular" dining nights? Whatever we have to buy would most likely just be worn on the cruise and nowhere else. I don't want him to be dressed inappropriately, but nor do I want to go broke buying clothes he will never wear again.

2025558_701.jpg

2013943_SG.jpg

or

2008354_511.jpg

Or would you suggest "no shorts"? If so, that's fine. Just trying to figure out what we still need.

Thanks.

(eta: pay no attention to the clothes matching. LOL Just grabbing a few random samples of style. ;) )

That is fine. The waiters will love your young man!! They seem to love interacting with kids.

However......beware.....cruising is addicting! Our young boys fell in love with cruising and still love it to this day!!

The examples you posted are perfect. Just to have fun we bought our then 3 year old a tux to wear on elegant night. He got so many compliments and we got amazing pictures! Only cost 35 bucks on Amazon. Not sure I could talk my older boys into that however! Have a blast!

• 2 months later...
Hopefully I'm not opening up a can of worms... but...

would it be OK for him to wear nice jeans and a polo shirt on "non-elegant" nights? He has brand new, dark jeans. Would that work? Or is that considered a "no-no"? :D

Perfectly fine ........................:)