OFF TOPIC, but I just fell on my butt in my kitchen and lower back is killing me

That's how I found out I broke my tailbone.

I was having trouble getting into and out of chairs. I thought it was post-delivery issues. Three days after coming home, I was looking in the mirror before my shower. My whole lower back was green and yellow and in a pretty circular pattern. I screamed, called my OB, and found out that is does happen during delivery. Six weeks later, I was finally feeling better. Like I stated earlier, I still cannot sit on hard surfaces for long periods of time, even after 17 1/2 years.

All of the above, and get the donut thingy at a medical supply store. You'll need it, and it makes a diff.

I broke my tailbone falling on concrete steps once.

Also, do NOT, under ANY circumstances, look at your butt in the mirror about 3 days from now. It will scare the crap out of you!!

Good luck, and don't forget to have it x-rayed and checked out. Don't want to mess with anything near the spinal cord. So promise all of us you'll get it checked. We're subscribed to this thread, so we'll nag you if you don't respond back tomorow.

Hope you are feeling better today! If you are still in pain,better see a Dr. Sorry to hear about your accident in your kitchen. They say most accidents happen in the home. Be well soon!

I'm feeling much better this evening. Thanks for the support you guys. I really wasn't seeking medical advice, just was an impulse last night since I was in so much pain. I called my doctor today and he told me to continue to ice it and use the advil and call in a couple of days if not better. The pain is easing and I managed to work all day, just made sure I didn't sit for too long.

Again, thanks to everyone.

I'm feeling much better this evening. Thanks for the support you guys. I really wasn't seeking medical advice, just was an impulse last night since I was in so much pain. I called my doctor today and he told me to continue to ice it and use the advil and call in a couple of days if not better. The pain is easing and I managed to work all day, just made sure I didn't sit for too long.

If you made through work then it sounds like you are going to be fine.;)

Hope you're feeling better by now.

I took a fall on my coccyx several years ago, on a roller skating rink. Felt like a lightning bolt of electricity went through my body. Needless to say there was no more skating that day. Went home and took a tepid bath with some epson salts for a couple of days plus tylenol, and that seemed to do the trick for me.

Best,

Bruce

Holland America, ms Volendam, December 16, 2004, 11 Day Southern Carribean

Holland America, ms Zuiderdam, April 9th, 2005, 7 Night Eastern Carribean

Soon To Sail on RCCL, Empress of the Seas, October 10th, 2005, 7 Night Eastern Carribean

It wasn't medical advice and this isn't an invoice. Donations gladly accepted. :D :D :p Glad to hear you're doing OK.

Beth

Archived