OFF TOPIC, but I just fell on my butt in my kitchen and lower back is killing me

You may have busted your bottom vertebra. They are fused and known collectively as the coccyx (cah-sicks). I should know, I busted mine about 7 or 8 years ago at a roller rink.

I could barely move without extreme pain. I finally went to the doctor a few days later and he made x-rays. I was told busting your coccyx is more painful than breaking it and it takes longer to heal. My doctor put me on pain killers and I was able to function but the pain didn't fully go away for a month or two.

Occasionally, I still have discomfort and stiffness. If I sit for more than an hour in a hard-backed chair I have trouble getting out of it and I'm only 21! My boyfriend has had to lift me out of a few chairs and I specifically ask for booths when I go out to eat for the cushioning.

My verdict: go to a doctor if it is sharp, shooting pains that don't go away on their own in a day or two.

It's not the coccxy, sp, but the vertebre right above the coccyx, it felt numb and tingling when I first did it. Now is feels like I'm in labor. Four advil and a rum and coke will hopefully get me through the night. I'm afraid to lay down, I'm afraid I won't be able to get up and right now I can still walk, lol.

Take 3 advil and 3 tylenol and post us in the morning.... :D

Seriously, advil for swelling and tylenol for pain..... don't know if it helps busted tailbones, but it works great for toothache..... if it persists, be sure to go to the doc.....

I broke my coccyx giving birth to my oldest son 17 1/2 years ago. It was so much more painful than the delivery itself. Took about six weeks to heal.

I, too, have trouble sitting on hard surfaces after some time.

Unfortunately there is no cure or treatment, other than sitting on a donut for a while.

I'd wait until morning to see what's going on. For tonight I'd put heat or cold, whichever feels better.

Good luck.

You may have busted your bottom vertebra. They are fused and known collectively as the coccyx (cah-sicks). I should know, I busted mine about 7 or 8 years ago at a roller rink.

I could barely move without extreme pain. I finally went to the doctor a few days later and he made x-rays. I was told busting your coccyx is more painful than breaking it and it takes longer to heal. My doctor put me on pain killers and I was able to function but the pain didn't fully go away for a month or two.

Occasionally, I still have discomfort and stiffness. If I sit for more than an hour in a hard-backed chair I have trouble getting out of it and I'm only 21! My boyfriend has had to lift me out of a few chairs and I specifically ask for booths when I go out to eat for the cushioning.

My verdict: go to a doctor if it is sharp, shooting pains that don't go away on their own in a day or two.

I'm gonna wait and see. I will call my doctor in the morning or go to the ER then. Right now, I'm just numb and afraid to lay down. I have ice on my back and took plenty of advil. Thank goodness my son will be home tomorrow to take me to the ER if necessary. of course, I have to stop into the office first and make sure they don't need me. Aw geez. They would replace me in a minute if they wanted to. My priorities are all screwed up.

Archived