Day on Ship when in Port

jenn6743

Yep on the Victory last year. Group of women staked claim to like 10 deck chairs and got off the ship and didn't return till almost time to sail.

Their stuff wouldn't have been left on any chair I wanted to use while they were gone. If that isn't the epitome of chair hog, I don't know what is.

Their stuff wouldn't have been left on any chair I wanted to use while they were gone. If that isn't the epitome of chair hog, I don't know what is.

I agree, it is principal of thing. I don't have anything I'd like to leave unattended for an hour yet all day. As one person said- lots of free reading material :rolleyes:

Trivia is often played during a port. that is all mostly.

You can find a seat around the pool-- that is if people who are going into port do not throw their stuff around on the chairs to use when they get back

Seriously? People do that? I may have to set up a time lapse camera while we stay on the ship in port to capture that. Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Exactly. It would have been removed by me

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

For the first time, we are doing the same while in port in Jamaica since this is a repeat itinerary for us. Friends have told me how wonderful it is to have the pools nearly empty and deck chairs are in abundance!

We have been to Jamaica three times on both the Carnival and RCI ships. We have stayed aboard in GC and Belize because we have been there many times before and just did not want to do the tender trot. It was quiet and peaceful as described by many posting. In Jamaica though it was different. The first time we expected the usual peace and quiet but no. There were so many pax staying on board that it was almost like a sea day! The second time again on RCI was like the first time. The last time was on the Magic and while it was somewhat busier, it was more like a port day with a moderate group of pax staying aboard. I would guess Carnival pax like Jamaica better than RCI pax.

I was wondering, are the. Water slides open on port days? Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our last Magic cruise the water slides were open. In Jamaica I went early (~10 AM) and there was no line. By lunch though many pax had returned early and lines did form.

For the last several years I have been going to Coz for a week SCUBA diving trip - the diving and viz here is phenomenal. So the last few times we have called on Coz we have left the ship for maybe an hour or so, shopped etc in the port area and then boarded the ship. It was very relaxing.

Edited by satxdiver

I am doing a b2b on the Breeze. I have been to most of the ports already. I have also been to Ocho Rios on land vacation a few times so I am thinking that when the ship gets to Ochi, I will probably get off, walk around, try to contact a few Jamaican locals I met there and if I don't run into them, I will most like get back on the ship way early to enjoy a cruiseship with few passengers. I have no interest in the excursions in Ochi (they are quite nice tho).