Quebec City Hotel Suggestions

Can you tell me more about what you are looking for or do not like ? Is it for a family with kids or just a couple ? Budget wise and luxury wise what are your bottom and top limits ? I will gladly try to help, lived there for a few years and still go for work. Québec city has everything from quaint B&B to fabulous Château Frontenac ! Do you want to be near big shopping malls or in the heart of tourist area or in between and willing to catch à bus ride ?

Edited by Sailingpeace

Can you tell me more about what you are looking for or do not like ? Is it for a family with kids or just a couple ? Budget wise and luxury wise what are your bottom and top limits ? I will gladly try to help, lived there for a few years and still go for work. Québec city has everything from quaint B&B to fabulous Château Frontenac ! Do you want to be near big shopping malls or in the heart of tourist area or in between and willing to catch à bus ride ?

We're 2 60-something couples travelling together. Looking for something mid-range ($140-$175 US/night or thereabouts). Enjoy smaller hotels rather than big chain hotels. Prefer to be in Lower City and being close to cruise terminal is a plus. Like the charm of smaller hotels. We're not picky and don't mind idiosyncrasies of older hotels.

Thanks in advance for your input.

BTW - Restaurant suggestions would be welcome as well!

We're 2 60-something couples travelling together. Looking for something mid-range ($140-$175 US/night or thereabouts). Enjoy smaller hotels rather than big chain hotels. Prefer to be in Lower City and being close to cruise terminal is a plus. Like the charm of smaller hotels. We're not picky and don't mind idiosyncrasies of older hotels.

Thanks in advance for your input.

BTW - Restaurant suggestions would be welcome as well!

I would suggest that you look also at Hotel Saint-Pierre or Hotel Belley. Have not stayed there but they seem to be you size range and style in the right area.

Depending on what you will feel like food wise, there in no trouble finding restaurants in the area. Just a little further up , there is a nice street called rue Saint-Jean, still inside the walks, where you will find a restaurant called Les Freres de la Cote .The menu is on their website. It will give you a little french cuisine options in a relaxed setting and reasonable prices. A nice area to walk around ( and after dinner the walk is a little more downill ;)

Have a great cruise !

Edited by Sailingpeace

I would suggest that you look also at Hotel Saint-Pierre or Hotel Belley. Have not stayed there but they seem to be you size range and style in the right area.

Depending on what you will feel like food wise, there in no trouble finding restaurants in the area. Just a little further up , there is a nice street called rue Saint-Jean, still inside the walks, where you will find a restaurant called Les Freres de la Cote .The menu is on their website. It will give you a little french cuisine options in a relaxed setting and reasonable prices. A nice area to walk around ( and after dinner the walk is a little more downill ;)

Have a great cruise !

Thank you and thanks to everyone who has offered some great suggestions. I'll definitely be doing my research based on everyone's input.

Have a great cruise !

Grrrr, auto corrector... And not re-reading well... I meant inside the "walls" ( of the old city) not the "walks". Sorry.

• 4 months later...
Just bid 3 star downtown Quebec city; and got Best Western for $68 a night. I am happy.

Which Best Western in Quebec City? How was your stay? Did you take a cab from the airport (approx cost) and how did you get to the cruise port. Thanks

We cruised out of Quebec. There was only 1 Best Western downtown. We walked all over, enjoying the fall weather. Cab from airport was cheap, & regulated prices. You can get Canadian $$ at the airport. Cab's did not want US $$.