Radiance of the Seas

Well this isn't a link to a review that's already written....but I have got to tell you that I've been on 10+ cruises (I'm only 23 but my parents started me young and got me addicted to the value of a cruise!!) and the Radiance is the most beautiful ship that I've seen to date. I'll be on the Explorer in 3 weeks and I can't tell you how much I'd rather be on the slightly smaller (but still huge), newer, and more innovative Radiance. I've been on the Sovereign Class (Majesty of the Seas) Vision Class (Grandeur, Vision, and Rhapsody of the Seas) Empress of the Seas (in it's own class) and the Voyager Class (Voyager of the Seas and in 3 weeks I'll be on the Explorer)...and the Radiance of the Seas absolutely blew me away. She (and the other Radiance class ships...Brilliance, Serenade & Jewel) is absolutely stunning and completely different than the rest. They basically took the best parts of all their ships, added 20 or so improvements, and created the Radiance. She's made in Germany as opposed to Finland and the design really shows. She's so elegant (like Celebrity, only with a Royal Caribbean attitued...{ya know...not as upscale as Celebrity, but not as hyper like Carnival} and beautiful, and 1/2 of the actual weight and size of the ship is GLASS. You have gorgeous views of the ocean everywhere you look, even in the elevators!!!. I know you're not trying to compare the Radiance to a Voyager class ship (the biggest ships), which is awesome, because there is no comparison. The Radiance is awe inspiring. If I had kids I might consider the Voyager class ships because they're geared towards that, although from my pre-teen years through my 20's I thoroughly enjoyed the Sovereign and Vision Class ships. Many may think that bigger is better, but through my experience, I disagree. The Radiance is only slightly smaller than Voyager class, but all she's missing is the ice skating rink. If you like night-life, the Viking crown lounge, also called Starquest Disco, has a rotating bar and rockin' DJs. The Schooner bar is amazing...I could go on and on but you get the picture. Hope this helped a little!!

LaUrA ;)

Guest cruzr44
Im thinking about booking Radiance for 26 March 2006, I will be getting off the Carnival Valor that morning and can hop right on the Radiance. I would like some links on Radiance Reviews or you can email me here with a review you already typed wennfred@cox.net

Thanks.

Fred

DO NOT HESITATE!! Totally agree with KillaFee. I have webshot albums with pictures of the Radiance. Let me know and I will send them to you. mx55mom@yahoo.com. I'm not sure how to post a link here.

I have sailed the Radiance twice and just love her. I posted a review on this site. Look for JEBL Radiance 4-05. Booked the Brilliance for Jan. Haven't sailed the mega ships and probably won't, just too big. Personally like the smaller ships. In fact a ship with no more than 1000 pax would be nice. They tend to be a bit more expensive though.

If you do book the Radiance, go to the Schooner Bar and say hello to Kelly and Jewan, two of the best bartenders I have ever met on land or sea. Tell them Judy and Jack say hi.

The family sailed on the Serenade (sister ship) this past May/June and loved her.

We are currently booked on the Radiance for Alaska for 2006 and cannot wait.

There was a segment on a show on the Travel Channel that featured the Radiance and she looked wonderful.

Just got off the phone with Spirit Incentives, they are the company that gave me the 2 for 1 from one of the Credit cards, forgot which one it was, anyways, The ship I guess has 4 Inside catagories and the first one is Sold out, the next one is a catagory N, This one with the 2 for 1 is 1500.00, I found that to be pretty high for an Inside cabin since the other is paid for, Im sure I have to pay port taxes for both my wife and I....

Online on RCCL Website, its listed for 814.00 per person but the PVP quoted me 845.00... I asked for a First time Cruiser, but no luck, I forgot to Mention Military Discount, Carnival has that I wonder if RCCL has it...

Well I will have to keep checking to see if the rates will drop. I will be sailing on the Carnival Valor and will jump off it on the 26th and hop right onto the Radiance.

I do have RCCL Credit card at 15k points, Would it make sense to use the 150.00 discount for the cruise or the 150.00 onboard Credit?

Check out this site someone posted recently. It has awesome pictures and a wonderful review of the Radiance.

http://www.shipparade.com/

Jill

this is a great web site,,,thanks for the information,,,will be our first cruise on the Radiance and we are looking forward to it,,,,we always go on Celebrity, but thought it was time for a change,,,,,looks like we will be very happy,,,,thanks again....:)

Guest cruzr44
Just got off the phone with Spirit Incentives, they are the company that gave me the 2 for 1 from one of the Credit cards, forgot which one it was, anyways, The ship I guess has 4 Inside catagories and the first one is Sold out, the next one is a catagory N, This one with the 2 for 1 is 1500.00, I found that to be pretty high for an Inside cabin since the other is paid for, Im sure I have to pay port taxes for both my wife and I....

Online on RCCL Website, its listed for 814.00 per person but the PVP quoted me 845.00... I asked for a First time Cruiser, but no luck, I forgot to Mention Military Discount, Carnival has that I wonder if RCCL has it...

Well I will have to keep checking to see if the rates will drop. I will be sailing on the Carnival Valor and will jump off it on the 26th and hop right onto the Radiance.

I do have RCCL Credit card at 15k points, Would it make sense to use the 150.00 discount for the cruise or the 150.00 onboard Credit?

Those 2 for 1 deals always sound good. That actually makes it $750pp so you get a little break. I would take the $150 discount. Maybe the prices are high because of spring break?? If you aren't able to go in March definitely go on the Radiance another time. I was recently checking prices and you can get an inside for $640 on 1/15.

Those 2 for 1 deals always sound good. That actually makes it $750pp so you get a little break. I would take the $150 discount. Maybe the prices are high because of spring break?? If you aren't able to go in March definitely go on the Radiance another time. I was recently checking prices and you can get an inside for $640 on 1/15.

Ok I will have to call RCCL and see how I can redeem the 150.00 off with the Spirit Incentive 2 for 1 deal... I really want to go on that date.

Thanks for your input. Fred

The Radiance and the Carnival Spirit were the two most beautiful ships I was ever on. I just got off the Summit last Friday and that is a very nice ship also but it is not as gorgeous as the Radiance. I will be on the Jewel this February and really looking forward to it since it is a sister ship of the Radiance.

Love to read all these comments about how stunning the Radiance is. :)

Fred, she is scheduled for dry dock in February 2006, so she will be spruced up right before you are ready to sail........and right before my sailing!:D

Can you guys tell me how the coffee is on the RC ships,,,we are big coffee drinkers.....thanks....:)

I was on the Radiance in February -I'm a big coffee drinker too. Personally, I did not care for "Seattle's Best" coffee - I found it to be on the strong side which is fine if your preference is for strong coffee, mine is clearly not!

However, that being said - at 6:00 o'clock in the morning sipping coffee on the balcony of the most beautiful cruise ship in the fleet - does it really matter how the coffee tastes? LOL ;)

Fred, she is scheduled for dry dock in February 2006, so she will be spruced up right before you are ready to sail........and right before my sailing!:D

I guess thats why the rates are alittle higher:) Everyday I read more on here about the Radiance the more I want to book her now lol.

Archived