What is the running track like on the Royal?

kmhkmb

Can anyone tell me what the running track is like on the Royal - e.g.,

• Size,
  • Is there a view,
  • What is the wind like,
  • Can you actually run or is it more typically used by people who are walking?

I've previously sailed on the Ruby and the Crown but have skipped using their running tracks in favour of using the promendade deck in the early morning when there are very few people around - but since the Royal doesn't have the full promendade deck I was wondering what the running track was like.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts! :)

I don't know the exact distance the circuit is on the track. It has a walking lane and a running lane.

It has a view.

There is wind dependent on direction and speed the ship is sailing as well as prevailing winds.

It has exercise stops along the course.:)

It's used by both runners and walkers--a lane for each, but there were many more walkers than runners during the mid day/early afternoon times. I would recommend an early morning time for running. I also don't remember the distance per lap, but I really enjoyed using it on our Royal TA last fall. The views are great, but it can be windy.

• 6 months later...

yes 7laps=1mile and in my opinion much better (wider with more space to pass people and less slippery than the promenade deck on the others) I went walking one afternoon while it was showering slightly and with proper foot wear it was not slippery ~ yes windy, but to me that made for a good walk ~

We have enjoyed the track, both for running and walking on our cruises on the Regal and Royal. There is a soft feel to the surface, and it does not feel so much like you are going around and around like smaller tracks. There are also no lounge chairs nearby forcing you to dodge sun worshippers, with the location pretty much everyone up there is to walk or run or go in or out of the Sports Court.

Very Nice views, windy on some days but we managed to walk every day.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal