occupancy issue

jmiotla

We have two cabins booked on the freedom. They both have an occupancy for 2. My wife and I are in one cabin, and my father and daughter (age 9) are in the other. What happens if my daughter get scared and wants to sleep in our cabin. Would they allow this?

Thanks

We have two cabins booked on the freedom. They both have an occupancy for 2. My wife and I are in one cabin, and my father and daughter (age 9) are in the other. What happens if my daughter get scared and wants to sleep in our cabin. Would they allow this?

Thanks

Yes. Probably won't even notice unless you mention it.

Occupancy is partly to make sure that people can get out in case of an emergency, and partly to ensure that everyone has access to a life vest, and probably also to manage the number of cabins/guests per steward, and lifeboat station (assigned by stateroom).

But, nobody checks to see who is sleeping where, or with whom.

Check your room description -- some have a sofa that makes into a bed, or a trundle underneath, and many have beds that drop from the ceiling or fold down from the wall. Your room steward will quickly realize that you've got a child next door, and can (at your request) access any of those beds and make it up for her. At the least, he can bring a couple extra comforters for the floor.

Honestly, the stewards don't care who is where, and for $5-10 are happy to bring another set of sheets and bedding.

Check your room description -- some have a sofa that makes into a bed, or a trundle underneath, and many have beds that drop from the ceiling or fold down from the wall.

The OP said the cabin occupancy for both rooms was 2.

So on the Freedom if the room has a sofa, the back pillows won't come off to convert to a twin bed. There are no trundle beds on the Freedom and a double occupancy cabin on the Freedom will not have drop down/fold down upper berths.

If she's small enough, the 9 year old could sleep on the sofa with the pillows still there. Or with the parents in their king bed or on the floor.

No bed checks. She can sleep wherever she wants.

On our last cruise our then 3 year old would want to come to mommy and daddy's room. Upon seeing the my daughter leave her room and walk across the hall the room steward comforted her while we opened the door. He saw her crying and offered to bring bedding. He was awesome and deserved his extra tip he received from us. Simply a great guy.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The "Occupancy" is only for booking purposes. If you want to invite 50 other folks on that cruise to sleep in your cabin, go for it. No one cares. Really. You don't have to tell anyone, or ask permission...nothin'...just do what you want!