Bathrooms on river ships vs ocean liners

Marketing Girl

My husband who is 6'5" has a tough time in narrow showers and small bathrooms on cruise ships. He's not overweight, so the issue is mostly the height and elbow room.

We found the bathrooms on Oceania Cruises' larger ships, Marina and Riviera, to be okay in their Veranda category. We'd like to try a river cruise but are wondering about the bathroom sizes. The pictures show regular staterooms are tiny. Can anyone that's similar height comment on the bathrooms and showers on river ships you've experienced?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My DH is little over 6 ft.and found the shower in jr.suite on Scenic Saphire ok,with a little room left over.Not sure if similar in reg.rooms or on different ships. About same size BR as small O ships.Same goes for mattresses.

He can bend over or hunch up on bed,but DO give Scenic a try.Best one,so far.

My husband who is 6'5" has a tough time in narrow showers and small bathrooms on cruise ships. He's not overweight, so the issue is mostly the height and elbow room.

We found the bathrooms on Oceania Cruises' larger ships, Marina and Riviera, to be okay in their Veranda category. We'd like to try a river cruise but are wondering about the bathroom sizes. The pictures show regular staterooms are tiny. Can anyone that's similar height comment on the bathrooms and showers on river ships you've experienced?

AMA rooms are decent sized, bathrooms are ok, but the showers are quite small and oddly shaped in cabins with French balconies.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My husband is 6'4" with 37" long arms, so he likes some arm room. ;) Although the Viking bathrooms look a bit small, the showers are tapered a bit, and both doors open, so you can get in easily. The tapered end is at the back,so the larger end is at the front, where the controls are. Also, the shower head can be moved up and down on the fixed arm of the controls, so that it's at the right height for each person. I really liked that aspect.

Becki

We have been on Riviera and those are nice bathrooms! Our friends were in a verandah stateroom so we did see what those looked like.

On our recent AmaCerto cruise, my mom had a AB cabin. The bathroom was the largest I have experienced on a river cruise to date. We had a BB and ours was not as large.

We just got off a Viking Longship and the bathrooms in the lower deck cabin where we were matched pretty closely with a standard bathroom on regular cruise line (RCL, Princess, etc). They aren't as large as HAL's standard bathrooms are and are no where near as large as Seabourn bathrooms. But everything except there toilet paper dispenser seemed to work fine. The toilet paper dispenser is build in under the counter and the toilet paper consistently broke off and the only option was to take the roll out and try to thread it back through. Bad design in my opinion.

Have a great next cruise.

My husband is 6'3" and a healthy weight:). We have sailed on 13 ocean cruises and just completed a river cruise on Uniworld's River Princess and River Empress. We had to switch ships due to the low Danube River. My husband said he felt he had more room on these ships than the ocean cruise lines. He had no complaints! We've already booked another river cruise with Uniworld next year. Have fun!

My husband is 6'3" and a healthy weight:). We have sailed on 13 ocean cruises and just completed a river cruise on Uniworld's River Princess and River Empress. We had to switch ships due to the low Danube River. My husband said he felt he had more room on these ships than the ocean cruise lines. He had no complaints! We've already booked another river cruise with Uniworld next year. Have fun!

Thanks. What cabin category did you have?