Anyone use the 24 hour courtesy hold feature?

jb456

We have been watching a last minute cruise these last couple weeks. It is very noticeable that if there is any price changes they have been happening early morning or late evening.

A few prices were lowered early this morning again.

Since it's a last minute booking and have to pay in full were thinking that in order to get the best possible price that we should simply continue to place a room on hold every 24 hours till it gets closer to the cruise date.

This way if price goes up then we know to simply book. If price stays the same we will just renew the courtesy hold. If price drops repeat the steps again.

Your thoughts if this would work? Or are we missing something?

Edited by jb456

Nope. You can put it on hold as often as you like.:D:D

That's perfect!

I was thinking of setting it up at an odd afternoon time. Like 3:38pm.

From what we noticed (checking prices many times a day) that the changes take place early morning or late evening.

3:38pm would cover that and I am also taking a guess that if they do any changes that it would be done at a specific time.. Like on the hour. 1, 2, 3, etc.

That is my reasoning for choosing a weird time like 3:38pm lol :D

I will just have to remember to be online each day and that time to immediately renew the courtesy hold.

Yep, I too have used this very helpful feature a few times. Depending on the situation, and a few other factors, it's a GREAT way to book. ;)

"SKY"

Going to try it - For us since it's a cruise in Sept we can't just pay a deposit and then watch for price drops to claim OBC.

This 24 hour hold seems like the only way we can take advantage of getting a cheaper price.

I've been using it for a cruise coming up Jan 2016. It is the last aft cabin available. I know I want it, I know I'm going, just not ready for the $800 deposit. Still paying off my upcoming Thanksgiving cruise. I like to get it paid off before I put more on my credit card. Just hope I can keep getting a courtesy hold before someone else swipes it out from underneath me, lol