Holiday cruise...which line is better for 18&15?

Revnrav

Greetings, planning a cruise for Dec.28 with my DH and two sons. Which line/ship do you think would be better for our two sons...Regal Princess or Nieuw Amsterdam? They both like great food and eldest loves the gym. Youngest is happy with bingo and room service. Thank you for your input!

You'll find lots of children on board Holiday Cruises on most ships and lines include the two you are looking at.

You could post on each respective board asking those who were on last year's holiday cruise with children for their comments.

Keith

Greetings, planning a cruise for Dec.28 with my DH and two sons. Which line/ship do you think would be better for our two sons...Regal Princess or Nieuw Amsterdam? They both like great food and eldest loves the gym. Youngest is happy with bingo and room service. Thank you for your input!

Regal Princess by far..first, bigger ( 141,000 vs. 86,000 tons) & newer ship..2nd, HAL is mostly for for mature cruisers..nice ship, but IMO, not for teens..when I was on a HAL cruise in 2006, DW & I were 54 & 52, and we were 20 years younger than the average passenger!! Also, we found the food ( which IS subjective) very mediocre on HAL..Regal has an AMAZING buffet area & MUTS ( movies under the stars) at the pool..nice adult pool area on Regal..Eat one night in the specialty restaurant, the Crown Grill- it costs $$ but well worth it ( about $25-30 pp)...Wheelhouse Bar has great FREE Pub lunches including Fish & Chips..much better entertainment & shows as well..I am a cruise agent & avid cruiser- I would not send a family with boys on HAL because it is GEARED towards the more mature passengers, as is Celebrity..best for families is RCI , NCL, & MSC IMO..I would put Disney in there IF your boys were under 12-14..That's my HO

Big Al

Definitely would go regal princess as better kids club and likely to have more kids

Nice ships though both of them and great service

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nieuw Amsterdam is a beautiful ship, but, the Regal Princess will offer many on board activities and is a brand new ship.

Jonathan