12:10 pm flight out of FLL after MIA cruise?

Mumof2

Hi, we are doing a Carnival Conquest cruise Sept 27-Oct. 5th, out of Miami. I'm booking flights now. Carnival said minimum of noon for flights out of FLL. I found one for 12:10 pm. We are flying home to Canada, so I usually allow two hours at the airport prior to departure. Is this a reasonable amount of time? It's a Sunday so I figured no real traffic, but ports should be busier?

Any advice appreciated! Tks! :)

The only thing I remember about SJU is that it is a zoo on Sunday! Last cruise, we stayed overnight and flew out on Monday...less crowds and was cheaper.

And remember to go through the Agriculture Inspection FIRST or you'll have to back track and stand in line twice!

The only thing I remember about SJU is that it is a zoo on Sunday! Last cruise, we stayed overnight and flew out on Monday...less crowds and was cheaper.

And remember to go through the Agriculture Inspection FIRST or you'll have to back track and stand in line twice!

OP is flying out of Fort Lauderdale ;)

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

We fly out of FLL when cruising out of MIA and usually select the first noon flight. We have made it with no problem, and time to spare most of the time. One cruise check-in/security was really busy and the line stretched down the apron outside, and around the terminal inside. The staff accommodated those with flights leaving within the hour, by pulling then out of the line, sending them right through to security. You should be OK with the flight time selected. Enjoy your cruise!!!! :)

Hi, we are doing a Carnival Conquest cruise Sept 27-Oct. 5th, out of Miami. I'm booking flights now. Carnival said minimum of noon for flights out of FLL. I found one for 12:10 pm. We are flying home to Canada, so I usually allow two hours at the airport prior to departure. Is this a reasonable amount of time? It's a Sunday so I figured no real traffic, but ports should be busier?

You'll be fine! We were in port with the Breeze in Miami when we were on the Liberty and we took SAS back. We were at the airport by 9 at the absolute latest. You will have no problem. Unless of course some freak accident occurs like a car accident or the port has an issue clearing the ship etc...Which we all know we can make ourselves crazy worrying about those things. On a normal day you will have more than enough time.

I will be on the same ship and have a noon flight from Fort Lauderdale. You might want to do the self-assist option when disembarking. You will be among the first group off the ship, but you must carry all of your luggage. If that is not possible, just notify guest services of your early flight so you can get luggage tags that will get you off earlier.

Sunday is a huge cruise turn over day in FLL and Miami.

You need to be off the ship with self embarkation. carry all your stuff alone. no porters available to help you.

Have your car service ready to roll (a taxi will be way too expensive)

you should be at the pier by 10:-10:30am

BUT its high peak hurricane season-- if there is a lot of rain-- you might not make it-- have a back up plan

I would book this but I cruise a lot in sept