'Duty Free' on the Spirit?

First time cruiser here again! Just wondering if there is a duty-free shop on the Spirit? I've just read on another thread that someone bought drinks from the on-board duty-free to have a drink in their cabin. Is this possible on the Spirit? TIA

First time cruiser here again! Just wondering if there is a duty-free shop on the Spirit? I've just read on another thread that someone bought drinks from the on-board duty-free to have a drink in their cabin. Is this possible on the Spirit? TIA

Short answer..........yes:)

Oh bum! :( Thanks posters x

Which cruise are you on ?

MTT's "not on UK sailings" could be misinterpreted.

The port of departure/arrival is not the key factor - it's if you visit ports of call outwith the UK/EU.

Thomsons generally include at least one port that allows them to open the duty free facility.

If so, there is usually a 15% discount on the first sea day, which again is usually the first full day of the cruise.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Yes, there will be duty free as there was last year on our Norway cruise. Every so often they do specials too with so much off. :)

Having said that, maybe it wasn't actually duty free, although I'm sure Norway isn't EU.

That really was a useless answer by me. Sorry. Someone will know for sure.

Edited by holiday ahoy

Yes, there will be duty free as there was last year on our Norway cruise. Every so often they do specials too with so much off. :)

Having said that, maybe it wasn't actually duty free, although I'm sure Norway isn't EU.

That really was a useless answer by me. Sorry. Someone will know for sure.

Thank you! Not useless, it made me smile lol!

Duty Free shop was open on Arctic Affair Cruise. Spirits etc could be bought for cabin use. We sailed Saturday & on Sunday there was 15% off. Also on last day of Cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Great JJ! Thanks for your reply! :)

Hi! Thanks WCM, we are on the Fire and Ice calling at Iceland and Norway. What do you think?

I wasn't around to reply sooner.

As above, Norway is not in the EU so you are good to go reference duty free.

Not sure about Iceland, however that is irrelevant, it only requires one non EU port of call to break the sequence.

That's why Gibraltar (special status within EU) is a "mandatory" port of call for so many Med cruises.

Have I made you :) ?

Excellent WCM! We are indeed :) ing!

Thanks for all the replies, posters, bet you can all hardly remember your first cruises. It's a step into the unknown for me lol!

Feel free to ask away - plenty of experienced punters hereabouts who will answer any queries.

Ref. the duty free - you can get cans of tonic etc. from the bars if you need mixers, just ask for them unopened. They were £1.80 each on Spirit last month, pricey, but they have cornered the market when at sea - or you can purchase plastic bottles of Schweppes etc. ashore at many ports of call.

There are ice stations on every deck and the cabin steward will oblige if you can't locate one.

If your other half is a whisky & water drinker - pick up water from the buffet dispenser and take it to your cabin, no need to buy overpriced bottles of the same thing.

Edited by WeeCountyMan