MDR question

JoKen1

Going on a short 4 night cruise to Ensenada Mexico this weekend. What's the dress code in the MDR?

Do people dress nice or do they wear jeans/shorts? I know there is one dress up night but I'm talking about the other nights.

Thanks you guys! You have all the answers and I love all the help that comes from this group!

Pretty much anything goes for their "smart casual" evenings, even shorts and flip flops. There also is no traditional Formal Night on Carnival. It has been replaced by a Cruise Elegant evening. On Cruise Elegant, you can get into the dining room wearing slacks and a polo shirt, if you would like. A jacket or tie is no longer required.

Enjoy your cruise.

Pretty much anything goes for their "smart casual" evenings, even shorts and flip flops. There also is no traditional Formal Night on Carnival. It has been replaced by a Cruise Elegant evening. On Cruise Elegant, you can get into the dining room wearing slacks and a polo shirt, if you would like. A jacket or tie is no longer required.

Enjoy your cruise.

Would not suggest a polo shirt on cruise elegant. They have been known to refuse admission without a collared shirt.

Doesnt seem to happen often though.

Going on a short 4 night cruise to Ensenada Mexico this weekend. What's the dress code in the MDR?

Do people dress nice or do they wear jeans/shorts? I know there is one dress up night but I'm talking about the other nights.

Thanks you guys! You have all the answers and I love all the help that comes from this group!

Outside of the "cruise elegant" night, you can pretty much wear anything except: swimsuits, flip flops, sleeveless shirts for men, cutoff shorts, swimsuits/cover ups, ball caps, etc. You will see all kinds in the dining room.

Would not suggest a polo shirt on cruise elegant. They have been known to refuse admission without a collared shirt.

Doesnt seem to happen often though.

Nobody ever said anything to me about a polo shirt in elegant night. All my polo shirts do have collars

We've done to 3/4 day cruises out of Long Beach about 20 times.

DH wears dockers and a Guayabera every night.

Some guys will wear nicer shorts and polos for the regular nights. In the minority will be those guys wearing tshirts.

For CE night the vast majority of men will be dressed like DH.

Gals wear nice shorts, capris, sundresses etc.

For CE night many wear the 'uniform' of black slacks with sparkly tops, nicer sundresses or cocktail dresses.

Edited by SadieN