Visiting Tracy Arm & Juneau Sept 3rd

Ginnyfyr

We are sailing on the Grand Princess on August 31st and will be in Juneau on September 3rd. Our itinerary says we will visit Tracy Arm from 6am to 10am that day, then be in Juneau from 2pm to 10pm. Just wondering if anyone knows why we have a 4 hour window from when we leave Tracy Arm to when we dock in Juneau? We were in Juneau last May and did an excursion to Tracy Arm and I don't recall it taking 4 hours to get from one to another. Thanks!

Big ships are slower than little boats. :D

It may not take a full 4 hours, but they need time to "park" when they get to Juneau. When we were there on the Grand last month, it seems like we were pulling into Juneau more like 1:00, but then they had to maneuver up to the dock, tie up, be cleared. Still, they were letting people off the ship by 1:45.

Big ships are slower than little boats. :D

It may not take a full 4 hours, but they need time to "park" when they get to Juneau. When we were there on the Grand last month, it seems like we were pulling into Juneau more like 1:00, but then they had to maneuver up to the dock, tie up, be cleared. Still, they were letting people off the ship by 1:45.

Good to know! Thank you!

We are sailing on the Grand Princess on August 31st and will be in Juneau on September 3rd. Our itinerary says we will visit Tracy Arm from 6am to 10am that day, then be in Juneau from 2pm to 10pm. Just wondering if anyone knows why we have a 4 hour window from when we leave Tracy Arm to when we dock in Juneau? We were in Juneau last May and did an excursion to Tracy Arm and I don't recall it taking 4 hours to get from one to another. Thanks!

You think that's a long time? We are also going next month, and we cruise Tracy Arm from 3pm to 8pm, and then pull into Juneau at 7am the next morning! That's 11 hours! I figure the ship must go around in circles for a while.

You think that's a long time? We are also going next month, and we cruise Tracy Arm from 3pm to 8pm, and then pull into Juneau at 7am the next morning! That's 11 hours! I figure the ship must go around in circles for a while.

On HAL's 14 day Alaska cruise in May, we "parked" overnight between TA and Juneau. Not sure where exactly we anchored but that's what we did. I was told they did it other years as well.

How odd! On the upside though, it sounds like you had a good amount of time in Juneau the next day!