Live from Ruby Princess

Shogun

Hi Putterdude

While the cruising world is one big family your own family has to come first, stay safe and may be we will cruise together with your DW in the future.

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

We were to have been on the cruise that embarks today but unfortunately had to cancel due to a cornea transplant DW needed in mid-July. So this morning I have been tearing myself apart watching the Ruby on webcams. See she is at the "Titanic's" dock. In any event the roll call for today's cruise was very active and a great group of people are boarding.

I hope that your wife feels better real soon. There is all ways another cruise and a lot of the fun is planning it. Good wishes to both of you.

Thank you all for your good wishes. We are extremely grateful to the donor of Dudette's new cornea, the donor's family and the surgeon. This is an amazing procedure, Dudette's vision in her left eye, which was virtually blind, has improved to likely something better then 4.5 on a scale of 1 to 10 and we understand that her vision will continue to improve for the next 4 to 6 months. There is always concern of rejection but evidently this is not nearly as common with corneas as it is in other organs.

So out of this has come many good things besides the vision, we get to do the cruise next year at this time, we will get the benefit of information re tours from the good folks that on today's cruise and tonight we got to watch the Island Princess sail by our front door on her way to Alaska. :)

Thank you all for your good wishes. We are extremely grateful to the donor of Dudette's new cornea, the donor's family and the surgeon. This is an amazing procedure, Dudette's vision in her left eye, which was virtually blind, has improved to likely something better then 4.5 on a scale of 1 to 10 and we understand that her vision will continue to improve for the next 4 to 6 months. There is always concern of rejection but evidently this is not nearly as common with corneas as it is in other organs.

So out of this has come many good things besides the vision, we get to do the cruise next year at this time, we will get the benefit of information re tours from the good folks that on today's cruise and tonight we got to watch the Island Princess sail by our front door on her way to Alaska. :)

Great news about her vision. healing prayers coming her way form me.