Promotions

I, personally have to book early to be able to get an accessible cabin without, my daughter would be unable to cruise. I agree with the "ya pays yer money and takes your chances" but I will in future vote with my feet & walk away from RCI.

I truly do not understand why you think this is going to be different with another company.

Yes, we feel very cheated. We booked the day Anthem opened for Crown and Anchor members and then they do this. I have already written to RC venting my thoughts and awaiting a reply.

Yes, I could understand if this promotion was nearer the time of the cruise and they still had a lot of cabins to sell but to do this with, for us, 11 months before the cruise is, we feel, disgusting. Our TA said to cancel and rebook but I would be afraid of losing it and we would lose our deposit £450. Not sure what to do really. In this case loyalty doesn't pay.

Did you compare the cruise fare on your invoice with whatever the cruise fare is today?

How do they compare?

So exactly which cruise lines are you going to "walk away to". Remember RCCL will honour a price drop. People have talked about others doing price drops but do the "others" ALWAYS honour new promotions. Who are the others that will.

I understand the frustration but price drops and offers are two different things. Offers are pretty much always for new bookings only. The problem is the cancellation fees that make it not cost affective for you to become a new booking again.There is a simple solution and that is to book with a USA TA in the future. I am no fan boy of RCCL and I have cruised on 4 different companies. I just don't see this as RCCL fault because these cancellation fees are pretty much across the board in the UK (and Australia) because government legislation lets the companies and TA's charge them and most people just accept them. This is one of the main reasons as a consumer I book outside my home country. Does the company you are "walking away" to charge them?

RCCL, Celebrity, NCL, Carnival will at least let you book if outside the USA with a USA TA where there are ZERO or almost zero cancellation fees prior to finals. Princess and HAL for example do not let you do this.

As I said I understand you frustration as I would be disappointed to miss out on a great and unique(To RCCL) offer but I do not understand your logic behind the blame here.

I truly do not understand why you think this is going to be different with another company.

It might not be different with another company but this will be my 3rd & last cruise with RCI. As another poster has said to do this nearer the sailing time is one thing but to do it 10/11 months out is another.

Did you compare the cruise fare on your invoice with whatever the cruise fare is today?

How do they compare?

Yes, if I booked the same grade cabin today it would cost me just over £300 less than I originally paid and I would also get free drinks, gratuities etc on top of that.

Yes, if I booked the same grade cabin today it would cost me just over £300 less than I originally paid and I would also get free drinks, gratuities etc on top of that.

So you would lose your deposit (450 pounds) but gain free drinks and gratuities while saving 300 pounds off the new fare.

If my maths are correct that is free drinks and grats for 150 pounds. Sounds like an easy decision from where I sit.

I was curious as to if the ticket price had been increased at all to pay for this promotion? But indygirl has answered that question. stung both ways, it seems for being an early bird.

Absolutely. Since I posted the other day, I have done some calculations and if I booked the cruise today (same grade cabin etc), I would save £1,000 with everything taken into account. :mad: